Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

New Super Shuttle from Narita Airport? 2010/12/11 23:26
Hi,
i am curious about this new super shuttle bus low cost limousine from narita airport to Ueno/Asakusa..

Is this a legitimate limousine?
As i am staying in Asakusa area, if this is a real thing, then i would go for this instead of the narita limousine which is more expensive..

anyone have tried this supershuttle bus before?

thanks for any help!
by juzsmilez  

... 2010/12/12 08:51
The main problem is that advance reservations are necessary, but you don't know when your flight will actually touch down in Narita and how long it takes to pass through immigration and customs. Combined with the fact that there are only four departures per day, this can easily result in either a multi-hour long waiting time at Narita Airport or an enervating stress of not knowing whether you will be able to catch your reserved departure or not.

For travel from Narita Airport to Asakusa, the Keisei limited express train is certainly recommended over the Super Shuttle. It costs only 60 yen more, departs every 20 minutes and is considerably faster than the Super Shuttle. Furthermore, the risk of getting delayed due to traffic problems is lower.

Here are the details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html?aFROM=2027_3004

In the opposite direction, though, i.e. from Asakusa to Narita Airport, you might want to try the bus.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank u 2010/12/12 10:31
Hi uji, thxs for the reply.

If my airplane is scheduled to arrive at narita airport terminal 1 at 1.30pm japan time, and I booked the shuttle bus at 3pm, with 1 hr and 30min time for me to clear customs and taking the free airport shuttle from terminal 1 to terminal 2, there should be sufficient time right?

If all things go as per plan and there is no flight delay..
by juzsmilez (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/12/12 10:46
It's a real bus, the timing you have should be sufficient. Worst case scenario you are out of 1000yen, good case scenario I see the bus serving the budget traveler market even with their limited schedules.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread