Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow on mt takao in feb? 2011/1/3 11:53
Will mt takao be snowy in February? Looking to do a day trip there. I saw a few videos on YouTube and it was snowing. I'll be in Tokyo from the 3rd till the 17th of feb

:)
by Mooshoepork  

I live near mt takao 2011/1/3 15:59
Sometimes it snows there in Feb, but not frequently.
It accumulates once or twice in winter for about 5-10cm. Most of the snow melts away in a few days except around a top of the mountain.
And trains in Tokyo stops very often when it's snowing, so I suggest going there when it stops snowing.
I hope you'll have very nice time in there!
by epuise rate this post as useful

snow 2011/1/3 21:20
There isn't usually snow on Mt. Takao unless it has snowed in central Tokyo as well. If it snows where you are staying then it might be worth the trip to see if there's any snow on the ground at the mountain. It tends to melt quickly if it does snow though apart from in some shady areas where it might hang around longer.

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/1/4 21:31
Thank you!

I hope to see snow at least once while I'm in Tokyo. Might not happen, but I can hope!
by Mooshoepork rate this post as useful

reply to this thread