Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Imperial Palace Kyoto guided tours? 2011/1/23 12:22
Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

I will be visiting Japan with my wife in April, it is our first time in Japan and we are looking forward to this trip!!

I have a question about some of Kyoto guided tours entry availability.
We are going to be in Kyoto for 4 nights from april 16th. We were planning to visit the Imperial palace, shugakuin imperial villa and Katsura villa.
The online booking thru the Imperial household agency shows everything is booked solid everyday we would like to visit.Can we just go there the day we want to visit and get a tour booked?
I don't understand how everything is booked already?
Please help!!!
Thank you so much.
Dave
by Pazzone  

... 2011/1/23 18:56
The online booking thru the Imperial household agency shows everything is booked solid everyday we would like to visit.Can we just go there the day we want to visit and get a tour booked?

Often yes. But sometimes not. If you go and reserve one day in advance, it is almost always possible. That's what I recommend to do. It is probably not practically feasible to visit all three facilities on a single day, anyway.

I don't understand how everything is booked already?

This is simply because only a small part of slots are allocated to online reservations. They keep a lot of slots open for people who go and apply in person.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/1/24 01:51
Thank you very much for your answer, i was hoping the online booking wasn't reflecting te actual space available.

we will go there the day before or of to make reservation and hope for the best.

We will not visit all 3 places in one day.

Thank you again
David
by Pazzone rate this post as useful

reply to this thread