Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka / Osaka 2011/3/14 12:28
Hi Uji and many other experienced advisors,
I am flying off to Fukuoka on Wednesday. Will be staying there for a week and move on to Osaka.

May I know how is the situation in these 2 area? Any problem with electricity or water supply?

How is the nuclear situation and how likely will it affect Osaka or even Fukuoka

Understand that Fukuoka is pretty far from Sendai/ Tokyo. But I have no immediate access to Japan news and not sure how far the nuclear threat can spread.

Currently, I am thinking of proceed to Fukuoka and monitor the situation in Osaka before deciding to move on.

Could you share your views on whether this trip is ok to proceed?

Thanks!!!
by Edo (guest)  

... 2011/3/14 14:28
They are currently almost completely unaffected in terms of transportation, electricity and water supply. Something major would have to happen for that situation to change.

How is the nuclear situation and how likely will it affect Osaka or even Fukuoka

From what I hear from credible sources, it is extremely unlikely. Then again, it is very difficult to know what to believe. Humans have not had much previous experiences with similar situations before. Almost everybody, including the experts, are just speculating.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/14 15:23
Supposedly in Japan, the frequency of power in Eastern Japan (50 Hz) and Western Japan (60 Hz) is different. Because of this, Western Japan is unable to donate power to Eastern Japan (Tokyo, Kawasaki, Sapporo, Yokohama, and Sendai), which is affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami because they don't have any equipment to convert the difference in the frequency of power. Hence Western Japan (Okinawa, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nagoya, Hiroshima) is basically unaffected by the power shortages/rolling blackouts that are occurring in Eastern Japan.
by ScorpioEL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread