Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how is the situation right now? 2011/3/15 15:56
honestly whats' going on??
because the media in Europe said that the situation is risk,and that the radiations may reach Chiba and Tokyo,and and the center of the nuclear plant may also explose....
but in japan they say'don't worry the risk is only for the people who live within 30km from the plant area'

who should i believe??my country's news or japan's one??is there the possibility that japan for don't create a general panik don't say exactly wich risk we are goin to?

the radiation may move to other prefecture??(with rain and wind for example?)

i'm kinda scared....and i apologise in advance for my english XD
by elisa (guest)  

Very serious 2011/3/15 16:19
It is not helping Japan that in previous instances they have underplayed the seriousness of nuclear accidents, but it looks like some of the media outside of Japan are just reporting wild rumours. I suggest you follow "serious" news agencies like the BBC or CNN

The situation is serious and it looks like all 4 reactors are in big trouble now but all experts report that it looks like there is not really a realistic chance of a nuclear explosion even in the case of a meltdown. When I write this, the IAEA reports that there is a fire at a spent fuel pond of a reactor and radioactivity has been released into the atmosphere.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Also 2011/3/15 18:53
Also if you have a bit of worry you should get some Iodine pills.
by Mindy (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/16 05:12
If you want just the facts, go to NHK World:

http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/6810.htm

As far as CNN and BBC being "serious" networks, ROFL!! They are leading the charge of the panic stricken.

As an example of the European panic, "The disaster prompted France, Russia and Germany to order immediate reviews of their atomic energy sectors, with Berlin saying it would provisionally shut down seven nuclear reactors for three months pending a safety assessment."

They are equating this problem to "Three-Mile Island". You need to check into how many people died because of the Three-Mile Island incident and the aftermath. It will surely surprise you. In fact, they had a meltdown and the core only penetrated a few tenths of an inch of the 5-inch thick reactor bottom.

/rant off
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

Not just the Nuclear 2011/3/16 11:30
People are too fixed on the nuclear situation. THOUSANDS have died from the earthquake and tsunami, mostly from the tsunami. The north east coast is obliterated. They are going through a real crisis right now. Many people are still missing and there is wreckage everywhere. It will take years to rebuild their lives. Yes, the tsunami is (hopefully) over and the nuclear plants pose a new threat. But plant or no plant there is a very serious emergency happening now in Sendai. I pray that no further complications will happen and that the nuclear situation will be solved so that people will go back to focusing on the tsunami crisis.
by Blu (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/16 17:13
For anyone wanting to bypass the hype about what is going on (and has gone on) at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Powerplant, please go the following link at MIT:

http://mitnse.com/
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread