Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical certificate to dive in Japan? 2011/9/21 05:04
I am going to the Yaeyama islands in Japan where I will go diving. I am a PADI certified diving, but I was told that a medical certificate of ''good health'' may be required in Japan to rent diving equipment and go diving. Is this true?

If yes, is there an ''international template'' to use so that Japanese speakers will understand it? My local doctor could write up a certificate in French, but it will be useless in Japan. I want to make sure I'm prepared to avoid being refused diving access once I'm in Japan.

Thanks in advance!
by RaikaMarie  

Re: Medical certificate to dive in Japan? 2011/9/26 07:59
As far as I am aware, the only medical "certificates" would either be National Japanese Health Insurance or International Health Insurance, depending on your length of stay. You should check out the government's page on regulations for health insurance and medical certifications before leaving so that you have plenty of time to get everything ready and organized. I don't know about events such as this, but it seems like there would be some form of requirement when it comes to health (and possibly even a bill of your own health) for something like this. But definitely check out some government pages for this information.

It could also be possible that nothing is required at all.

But anything you register for in Japan is most likely only going to be in Japanese, and if you are lucky, English. But when getting my insurance and alien registration everything was in Japanese.

by MimiruRiley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread