Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Through immigration w/ wife (JP National) 2011/10/12 04:23
I visited my fiancee 10 times in Tokyo for the 2 years we were separated.

During the latter trips I was questioned more and more regarding the purpose of my trips.

Now we plan to visit Tokyo for New Year together. I am curious if we would have to be separated (foreign passport vs Japanese national) or whether we can go in the same line together. We are married and we will register our marriage with the Japan Embassy in LA.

I figured there'd be many who went through such an experience here.

Thanks
by Yagisama  

Re: Through immigration w/ wife (JP National) 2011/10/12 09:12
I am curious if we would have to be separated (foreign passport vs Japanese national) or whether we can go in the same line together.

Once you are married you can go through together. And I don't think it matters which line you go through. When my wife and I travel we just pick whichever line is shortest.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Through immigration w/ wife (JP National) 2011/10/12 09:24
You will be separated at immigration. A Japan passport one line, a foreign passport another line.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Through immigration w/ wife (JP National) 2011/10/12 09:49
The situation may vary at other airports, but at Narita Airport, they now have three sets of queues at Immigration: Japanese nationals, foreign nationals, and foreign nationals with re-entry permits.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread