Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chojukan Hoshi Onsen? 2011/11/13 09:37
Hi, My girlfriend and I are planning a skiing trip in January, we have 2 nights to spend, and I'm considering Chojukan/Hoshi onsen for both nights, how is it in winter? Is there anythings to do other than onsen and skiing? Is there any nightlife in the area? Thanks so much!
by Taylor Vee  

Re: Chojukan Hoshi Onsen? 2011/11/14 10:13
how is it in winter?

Snowed in. There is nothing around the ryokan. Only two buses in the morning and two buses in the afternoon in direction of the shinkansen station. You will need your own car or some other arranged transportation to reach any ski resort. The Naeba ski resort is just across the mountain park, though. There are more hot springs around Minakami.

Is there any nightlife in the area?

Absolutely not. There is nothing around the ryokan, which is one of its main attractions. There is nothing to do but bathing, eating, drinking, talking and reading at the ryokan. I believe the rooms do have TVs though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread