Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Towada Haru Matsuri (Spring Festival) 2011/12/24 10:33
I would like to know the schedule of ''Towada Haru Matsuri (Spring Festival)'' in Towada City, Aomori. Last year they performed on Sat 23rd and Sun 24th. Is it always on weekend? I plan to rent a car (I will have JR East and it is not include JR bus) and drive from Aomori to lake Towada in next late April. If it is possible, it would be nice to stop by and take a glance.
by Suwimon Malaiyard (guest)  

Re: Towada Haru Matsuri (Spring Festival) 2011/12/24 15:47
The spring festival is held for about two weeks from mid April to early May to coincide with the cherry blossoms. On two days within the spring festival, there will be the Towada Yosakoi Yume Matsuri, a dance festival, which I think you are referring to. It was cancelled in 2011. And I am afraid, I cannot find the dates for 2012 yet. The official website nor any other website I found have not been updated yet. "Late April" is the best I found.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Resort Shirakami Train 2011/12/24 17:26
That is the same information what I have found Uji.
As I'm planning my Cherry Blossom trip around Tohoku.
I have 2 weekend in April 2012. 21th-22nd and 28th-29th. The second one is fall in period of Japan "Golden week". I would like to try the resort train "Shirakami" from Aomori to Hirosaki once. And I would like to rent a car (one way) for 2 days from Amori to Lake Towada pass Towada city then return it in Hachinohe, or vice versa. My concern is I think "The Resort Shirakami" train may be already full booked on Golden week. As it can't reserve the seat via internet while I'm still in my country. But Sat 28th would be the perfect time for Cherry Blossom in Hirosaki and I don't want to miss it. So the Festival in Towada City will be influenced my decision! Please share your opinion. How could I book 2 seats of the train in very...very... advance!
by Suwimon Malaiyard (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread