Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel from Takachiho to Beppu 2012/2/7 11:25
Hallo community!

My problem is the following: On February the 22nd, me and my friend want to travel from Takachiho to Beppu.
We will arrive at Takachiho on the 21 around 12:09 with the highwaybus from Kumamoto.

First: Is there a real chance to see the Takachiho Shrine and the Amano Iwato Shrine from 12:00 the one day to 12:00 the next day? The tours to the Amano Iwato Shrine, which cost 2000, when do they start and how long do they take?

Actually, we wanted to take the same Bus line going on to Nobeoka, where we would arrive at 13:07.
But as the Bus between Nobeoka and Oita just goes on weekends, we're stuck there or have tot ake the train, which is not covered by the SunQ pass and would make the purchase of this card probably useless.

There is a Bus going from Takachiho to Takamori, but I'm not sure how to get to Aso to go on the "Cross Kyushu" line then- and if we can make it on one day at all.

I know these questions were posted a lot, but amongst all the answeres and contradictory infosmation from the internet I'm irritated now.

Is there a possibility to go from Takachiho to Beppu by bus on the afternoon of the 22nd?
Or do we have to take the train from Nobeoka?

Thank you so much!
by Anna Zschauer (guest)  

Re: Travel from Takachiho to Beppu 2012/2/7 17:01
You can either
take the bus from Takachiho to Kumamoto Airport & catch the Cross Kushu bus coming from Kumamoto there to Beppu via JR Aso Eki, Kurokawa, Yufuin
or
take Minami Aso rail from Takamori Chuo to Tateno and catch the same bus to Beppu.
There is a bus dept. 9:38am at Takamori arr. 10:38am at JR Aso station via Kusasenri & Asosan Nishi rope way station.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread