Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kairakuen Plum Blossoms 2012/3/2 15:50
I'm not sure if I can even make it there, but I'd like to know if anyone knows about when the blossoms will be at their best? The festival ends at the end of March, but would March 28 for example be too late to actually see nice plum blossoms?
by Rabbityama (guest)  

Re: Kairakuen Plum Blossoms 2012/3/2 17:58
The following website has updates in Japanese:
http://www.koen.pref.ibaraki.jp/park/kairakuen01.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kairakuen Plum Blossoms 2012/3/5 13:19
From the looks of it this weekend and next weekend will be the best time... How long do they usually stay nice? Although I've seen plum blossoms in Kyoto I don't recall how long they actually stayed in bloom...

Do you think they'd still be worth going to see on the 24th/25th?
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Kairakuen Plum Blossoms 2012/3/5 13:51
The latest official update (March 2) mentions the park to be at around 10% in total. japan-guide.com has a plum blossom report trip to Kairakuen planned for Thursday.

I am not familiar with the speed of process of plum blossoms, but I get the feeling that the coming weekend is still going to be relatively early in the season, and that the weekend afterwards (3/17 and 18) will be near the peak. It is just my feeling.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread