Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara during Obon 2012/7/14 21:49
I am visting Japan during Obon, and my current schedule has me leaving Kyoto to Osaka 15th, going on a day-trip to Nara the 16th, and tacking the train to Tokyo evening of the 17th.

I understand that Obon is a major holiday. I've also found out there are events going on in Nara the 15th. Would there be any major disruption/events etc going on the 16th, which is the culmination of the holiday, or should visiting Nara then be okay?
by Simon (guest)  

Re: Nara during Obon 2012/7/15 10:16
I don't think that there is any event in Nara that disrupts normal tourist activities in the city. But you can accept many fellow tourists.

In Kyoto, the Daionji event is held in the evening. I recommend to try to see it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gozan_no_Okuribi

The 17th should not be busy, but noy excessively crowded in terms of trains returning to Tokyo. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend to make seat reservations in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread