Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanmangafuchi Abyss (Nikko) 2012/7/22 02:35
Hi. I'd like to see the Kanmangafuchi Abyss (Jizo statues) when in Nikko, but I can't understand how to get out of there.

I mean, I'm visiting the World Heritage Site and the Shinkyo in the morning, then I'm walking to the abyss through the residencial area. And that's ok. But when I get to the end of the path, is there an easy connection to the main road from there? I'm going to Chuzenjiko afterwards, so I was wondering if I can reach the Tamozawa or closer bus stop in few minutes from the end of the Kanmangafuchi trail or I have to walk back the same way.

Thank you.
by stefklas (guest)  

Re: Kanmangafuchi Abyss (Nikko) 2012/7/22 11:36
But when I get to the end of the path, is there an easy connection to the main road from there?

It is not 100% straight forward, but it is possible to walk from there to the Nikko Botanical Garden where the bus to Chuzenjiko stops (Hanaishicho bus stop).

Simplified maps can be viewed here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3810.html

And here is more detailed map centered on the abyss:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.7493,139.58713&spn=0.003477,0.004823&hn...
(note that the bridge from the abyss into the botanical garden cannot be used)
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kanmangafuchi Abyss (Nikko) 2012/7/22 12:11
Thank you. So, is it going to be a long way? How long does it take aproximately by foot from the end of the path to the bus stop? About 10-15 minutes?

I confess I'm getting a little bit confused in planning the Nikko trip. For example, I tried to google-translate the names of the bus stops from the timetable on Tobu-bus website, and that's what I got:

J R from Nikko Station
From Tobu Nikko Station
From Shinkyo
Approach from the west
Of hot water from Yashio
Akechi from flat
Wearing a Zen temple in Hot Springs
From hot springs in the Zen temple
Iris months from beach
Akanuma from
Mitsunori from hot spring
Yumoto Onsen wearing

I can't find anything similar to Hanaishiko there. So I'm assuming that not all the bus stops are indicated, right?

"Akechi from flat" must be the bus stop where the cable car to Akechidaira Plateau can be taken, isn't it? And how frequent the cable cars are?

Then I have to take the same cable car back to the "Akechi from flat" bus stop (or whatever its real name is) and wait for the bus to the lake, right?

I can't find any translated bus stop reminding me of the Chuzenji Lake or Kegon Falls. Which is it? Or is it not indicated?

Thank you for your patience.
by stefklas (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread