Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to Izu Peninsula 2012/8/23 10:29
Hello, I want to visit Izu Peninsula. Is it possible to do a day trip from Tokyo if I only go to Jogasaki Coast, Ikeda art museum, Kawazu Nanadaru and Shirahama beach? If not then would you recommend a day trip to the Ito area only? If yes should I buy the Ito Kanko pass offered by Odakyu? I'm not interested in onsen, and from what I researched on the internet I think I would like to go Mt Omura, Ikeda museum and Jogasaki coast. If i have enough time I will go to Kawazu waterfalls as well. If you have other recommendations about places worth visiting do share please. 
One last question: Is there any website where I can find the bus fees in the area? 

Thank you in advance!
by Momo (guest)  

Re: Day trip to Izu Peninsula 2012/8/23 12:23

I would recommend to rent a car for your visit. 3 months ago,we had a same plan as you do ,but ended up hiring a car from Toyota Ito. Worked out cheaper for us and saved a lot of time.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Izu Peninsula 2012/9/14 17:51
The name of public bus company around Izu area is "Tokai Bus"(http://www.tokaibus.jp) but its homepage is written only in Japanese.
How about below itinerary if you intend to trip around ito by local bus?
11:15 Ito sta. bus station No.3 ¨ 11:40 Jogasaki-Guchi busstop ¨ hiking along the Jogasaki coast¨13:35 Izu Kaiyo Koen(Ocean park)busstop ¨14:05 Mt.Omuro busstop /15:11 Ditto ¨15:24 Ippekiko(Lake Ippeki)busstop ¨ hiking around the lake ¨ 17:03 Ditto ¨ 17:24 Ito sta.
You can buy one day bus ticket at the sales office of "Tokai bus" just beside Ito sta. Its fee is 1,300 JPY.
Kawazu waterfall is worth visiting but you cannot see some falls because its hiking trail has not been opened yet after devastated by typhoon two years ago.
Just for your info., bus fee from Kawazau sta. to Kawazu Nanadaru(seven waterfalls) busstop is 580 yen. (sorry but this line is out of service of above one day ticket)
by masa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Izu Peninsula 2012/9/16 03:49
Thank you very nuch for your answer, Masa! I will keep that in mind :)
by Momo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread