Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weekend train schedules Japan 2012/10/15 19:38
Heya.
Since not used to Japanese train and bus timetables I have been looking at Hyperdia to see how often some trains and buses run on different days, including weekdays. Where I live the trains and buses run less frequently on weekends and holidays but not sure if it is the same in Japan since the timetable look the same on for instance wednesdays and sundays.

Are there no less frequent trains during weekends in Japan? What about national holidays like golden week and New Years eve? Are there any list of Japanese holidays so I know when trains might not run like they do on regular days?

Thanks!

by Gifu Jo (guest)  

Re: Weekend train schedules Japan 2012/10/15 19:55
Jo,

Apart from the fact that there are no morning or evening rush hours, the train timetables are generally much the same at weekends (and on national holidays) as during the week. Unlike in some countries, the railway companies understand that many people wish to travel by train at weekends, and even more trains may be run at busy periods like Golden Week or New Year.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread