Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Schedule in Kyoto 2012/10/20 23:06
Hello,

I plan to go to Kyoto in June 2013. From what I find on the internet, the sun rises around 4 am. Are there any buses during this time? And are the trains running at this time?

I plan on staying at a hotel in Kurama onsen near Kibune. What time does the first bus to central Kyoto from Kurama onsen start? Is it possible to see the sunrise at Fushimi Inari?

If not possible, please recommend another location or bus service that starts with the sun rise.

Thank you,
Joshua
by joshua (guest)  

Re: Bus Schedule in Kyoto 2012/10/21 09:06
I find on the internet, the sun rises around 4 am. Are there any buses during this time?

No. Major lines start operating around 5:30. Minor lines even later.

And are the trains running at this time?

Trains and subways also start running around 5:30, including the train from Kurama into central Kyoto. You can look up all train schedules here (enter a departure time in the middle of the night to get the first connection of the day):
http://www.hyperdia.com/

I plan on staying at a hotel in Kurama onsen near Kibune. What time does the first bus to central Kyoto from Kurama onsen start?

There are only 3-4 buses per day! The first leaves Kurama Onsen at 8:40 on weekdays and at 11:50 on weekends. Make sure to take the train instead! Here are the access basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3933.html

Is it possible to see the sunrise at Fushimi Inari?

The shrine faces west and is generally not a good place to see the sunrise. As for transportation, it is impossible unless you use a taxi.

It may be possible to hike up Mount Kurama and see he sunrise, but I am not sure, because the mountain is covered by the grounds of Kurama Temple. That would be within walking distance of Kurama Onsen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread