Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying at Waseda or Sophia University 2012/10/25 01:04
I'm interested in studying in Sophia or Waseda University in Japan (not as an exchange student, but as an actual student attending there).

GPA last year: 3.01 (It dropped due to family issues that will be mentioned, my mother was diagnosed 4th stage cancer and I was the one who had to take care of her, so it significantly lowered me first term grades. Otherwise, I'm an honor roll student).

SAT: 1690
IELTS: 8.5/9

Math is not my strength point, but I am not planning to major in that field anyway.
I have experiences on abroad programs for more than 7 years, including in Japan. So I have a pretty diverse range of activities and awards to support my back when it comes to applying (including extracurricular activities).

Thank you, and would love to hear more information about:

1) Acceptance rate (I heard 21% in Sophia, but that is not including the International Students)

2) Chances of my getting accepted based on the information provided above (If possible)

3) Just to double-check, Waseda and Sophia do provide English courses, right? (I know Sophia does, but still want to double check on Waseda).

Thank you!
by Yuu (guest)  

Re: Studying at Waseda or Sophia University 2012/10/26 08:11
I just got past the documentary screening phase for Waseda University's School of International Liberal Studies (all their classes are in English). That means I've got about an 88% chance of being accepted.

Here were my scores:

GPA: 3.1
SAT: 2180
by Senchan14 rate this post as useful

Re: Studying at Waseda or Sophia University 2012/10/26 12:13
Which semester are you applying for?
by Yuu (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/26 12:59
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+89686

You can also search this forum for Waseda or Sophia.

Good luck!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread