Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I make JR Central Reservations? 2012/11/8 13:31
I need to make a seat reservation for the Tokaido Shinkansen for my trip to Japan. I've looked all over JR Central's English website, and I can't find anywhere to make Shinkansen reservations. I would perfer not to get the Japan Rail Pass, because I'm staying in Japan for less than seven days, so I don't want to waist my money. I am getting the Suica + N'EX Package when I get to Narita. I also need a reserved seat, because I'm joing a friend at Tokyo Station, and we're trying to meet up on the train to Shin-Osaka by reserving seats that are next to each other, but there is no place on the JR Central English website that allows me to.
by Bryan (guest)  

... 2012/11/8 15:33
You can't do it over the internet.

Just do it in person once you have arrived in Tokyo.

There are over 140 Shinkansen per day from Tokyo to Osaka so you should have no problems getting a seat once you are there.

If you fly out of Narita I'd probably still consider the 7-day JR Pass as it covers the Narita Express from Narita to Tokyo/Shinagawa as well.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: How do I make JR Central Reservations? 2012/11/8 15:35
1. Your friend in Tokyo reserve the ticket for 2 persons.
2. He/She inform you of train number, car number, and seat number by email.
3. You will arrive at Tokyo station from NRT with NEX Suica package.
4. You buy entry ticket at 130yen. And enter the Shinkansen platform with it.
5. You meet up your friend on the reserved Shinkansen.

Your ticket and this plan go in vain if your flight delays.

It's much safer to meet up at Starbucks or some clearly identical place in Shinagawa station.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread