Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Requirements for tourism in Japan? 2012/11/13 13:21
Regarding United states citizens, I am not entirely sure if a tourist visa is a definite requirement. Also i don't know (even though it is obvious) if a hotel or residence is required for a stay of over 24 hours. For instance, constant travel throughout the city of choice.
by Keiichi kun  

Re: Requirements for tourism in Japan? 2012/11/13 13:41
I am not entirely sure if a tourist visa is a definite requirement.

No, it not. You can enter with your US passport for up to 90 days without a visa.

Also i don't know (even though it is obvious) if a hotel or residence is required for a stay of over 24 hours.

No, it is not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements for tourism in Japan? 2012/11/13 15:31
It's not required to have a place to stay over night?? I assumed since that is what they will be asking . That they wouldn't allow any passage if a Hotel or residence was not acquired.
by Keiichi kun rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements for tourism in Japan? 2012/11/13 15:45
I have never been asked if I had already rented a hotel room or..when entering Japan (same in the USA, UK and other euro countries, China etc..)
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements for tourism in Japan? 2012/11/13 15:53
You have to write your "address in Japan" on the immigration card when you arrive. Of course, it is unlikely that they will check whether or not you actually stay at that address.
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

reply to this thread