Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Holiday Visa to a Work Visa 2012/11/21 22:24
Hey friends,

I'm from Australia and was thinking about coming over to Japan with a Working Holiday visa to do some English teaching. But I was just wondering if it's possible for someone with no university degree to get transferred over to a work visa at the end of their Working Holiday visa.

Sources I've read say either experience or a degree is required to get a work visa.

So is a year of working as an english teacher on a Working Holiday visa enough experience to get a work visa?

Thanks
by A (guest)  

Re: Working Holiday Visa to a Work Visa 2012/11/22 09:05
Unfortunately not. As far as I know, once your Working Holiday Visa, a special arrangement, expires, the normal requirements for work visa would apply to you, meaning either (1) a bachelor's degree or (2) several or more years of relevant work experience, which I read somewhere is 3 years (of English language teaching) for English language teacher positions.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread