Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is Transit Station in Hyperdia 2012/11/22 01:33
What in the world is "transit station" as appears on the timetable search in Hyperdia sometimes? Does it mean I have to change train?

For instance there is a JR Special Rapid Service Train from Shin-Osaka to Nagahama, where the transit stations are said to be Kyoto and Maibara. Until Maibara it says JR Special Rapid Service but after it changes to JR Hokuriku Line. I am confused...

And on the Ltd Exp Super Inaba (3) from Okayama to Tottori, Kamigori is a Transit Station, but same train name. Why do they put that as a transit station? It just makes confusion.
by Gifu Joe (guest)  

Re: What is Transit Station in Hyperdia 2012/11/22 08:49
A yellow box that says "Tra." means that you will have to change trains at that station. Two downward pointing arrows mean that you do NOT have to transfer trains. The stations are shown for technical reasons because the train is running along different train lines. If you asked me, Hyperdia should get rid of them for user-friendliness.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread