Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noboribetsu to Osaka 2012/11/26 08:51
Travelling from Noboribetsu to Osaka, what is the most efficient way? If I leave Noboribetsu at aroung 10 am, I arrive in Osaka at around 22:00 hrs. Long day! I have a JR pass. I need Help with my scheduling please.

by hello kitty (guest)  

Re: Noboribetsu to Osaka 2012/11/26 09:02
The most effective way is to fly from Shin-Chitose to Itami or Kansai, or to take the Twilight Express overnight train.

But if you want to travel "for free" with the Japan Rail Pass, there is little alternative to spending an entire day on board of daytime trains. Actually, I just thought of one: take a limited express to Aomori in the evening, then take the Akbono overnight train from Aomori to Tokyo (some compartments on the Akebono are fully covered by the rail pass), and then take the shinkansen to Osaka.

The Twilight Express leaves Noboribetsu at 15:32 (does not operate everyday) and arrives in Osaka the following morning at 12:52. Japan Rail Pass holders have to pay a supplement. For the cheapest type berth, the supplement is about 11,000 yen.

Peach operates flights for as little as 4000 yen between Sapporo's New Chitose Airport and Osaka's Kansai Airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Noboribetsu to Osaka 2012/11/26 11:07
For me, I would go back to Sapporo on that day, spend sightseeing at Sapporo. And then wait until 10pm for the night train from Sapporo(10pm) to Aomori(5:45am). And then catch shinkensan, Shin Aomori (6:30am) to Tokyo (10:00am). And then catch shinkensan from Tokyo to Osaka which takes 3 more hrs. Then you should be in Osaka before 2pm. I do that all the time except I would take a break in Tokyo for lunch and catch and later train to osaka.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread