Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Slightly confused about Train to Hakodate 2012/12/1 22:21
Hi,

I was looking at train rides from Tohoku to Hakodate. I see that the trains travel through the Seikan Tunnel. However, hyperdia lists two trains the HAKUCHO and the SUPER HAKUCHO. Is there a difference between the super one and not. Time traveling seems the same.

Is the Seikan Tunnel a nice tunnel? Is it dark, bright, can see the sea, no internet connection?

The tunnel seems to go past Matsumae. Does it stop at Matsumae? (Interested in seeing the castle) Or does it go underground the whole way through to Hakodate?

Thank you.
Joshua
by Joshua Hugh  

Re: Slightly confused about Train to Hakodate 2012/12/2 08:38
However, hyperdia lists two trains the HAKUCHO and the SUPER HAKUCHO. Is there a difference between the super one and not.

The Super Hakucho uses newer, more comfortable train sets than the Hakucho.

Is the Seikan Tunnel a nice tunnel? Is it dark, bright, can see the sea, no internet connection?

I have never seen a bright railway tunnel. You can't see the sea. It is still the longest railway tunnel in operation at this moment, which makes it nice to me. There is no internet.

The tunnel seems to go past Matsumae. Does it stop at Matsumae?

No, it does not. Matsumae is accessed by bus from Kikonai Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread