Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Winter Honey Moon to Japan - need route 2012/12/6 21:54
Hi,
this is going to be my first time to Japan. I am pregnant and this January is the only time we have for this trip.
1.What route would you recommend for first timers?
2. Any "local" places you would recommend of the track?
3. as we are 1.5 years after tsunami, is it OK to visit (especially as i am pregnant)?

Thanks!!
rotem
by Rotem (guest)  

Re: Winter Honey Moon to Japan - need route 2012/12/7 08:15
What are your interests? I strongly recommend to plan your trip according to what your interests are. What type of places do you want to see? What activities are you interested in?

as we are 1.5 years after tsunami, is it OK to visit (especially as i am pregnant)?

I don't know about pregnancy and travel, but the tsunami of 2011 is definitely not a reason why pregnant people should not be visiting Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Honey Moon to Japan - need route 2012/12/7 08:15
NRT - Tokyo - Nikko - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Osaka - KIX with side trips from Tokyo and Kyoto is the most efficient route.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Winter Honey Moon to Japan - need route 2012/12/7 13:54
If your concern is the radiation, you should not fly up in the air at the altitude of 10K meter. Your baby gets a higher exposure of radiation for hours. You do not have to worry about the ground level exposure as far as it is a short stay at anywhere in Japan.

Kyoto should not be missed in your itinerary if you like touching some traditional feels of Japan. Onsen may not be recommended for pregrant women.

Okinawa can be another option if you like ocean resort atmosphere like Hawaii as it is in winter.

Other than that, it totally depends on what you are expecting on the honey moon travel.

by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread