how to use the payphone at Narita Airport

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to use the payphone at Narita Airport 2012/12/22 06:34
In the past I have had difficulty using the payphones in Japan to make a domestic call. Whenever I arrive at Narita I usually call my friend in Japan to tell her I have arrived and what time approx she can expect me. But everytime I get stuck and have to ask for help to someone. Because i don't speak Japanese I don't understand the instructions. Can someone tell me exactly what I should press in the payphone if I want to make a call to a Japanese mobile phone/regular phone?
by Denniskun (guest)  

Re: how to use the payphone at Narita Airport 2012/12/22 12:51
Probably you'll find either of these types (green or gray ones, about halfway down the page) at Narita Airport.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223_landline.html

If you want to call a mobile phone, be sure to have plenty of coins at hand (10 or 100 yen coins), or a phone card (there should be a vending machine nearby), put them/it in, and dial the full mobile phone number starting with 0X0 (The X may be 8, 9, or 7 depending on the receiver's number). If it's a regular landline phone number, start with the area code (for example, 03 for Tokyo).

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread

Anything we can improve?  Let us know
We strive to keep Japan Guide up-to-date and accurate, and we're always looking for ways to improve. If you have any updates, suggestions, corrections or opinions, please let us know:
Thank you for your feedback.