Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

Re: Confusion on Shinkansen & passes 2014/8/1 18:05
... (anonymous): Which is the long way of saying:

The main question is: Why canft I use this ticket on JR Sagano Line of JR-West despite that it is issued by JR-West?
And, the questioner seems to be mixing up ICOCA Card and the ticket.
I presume that the questioner does not know what ICOCA & Haruka package is, not even distinction between ICOCA Card and so-called Haruka ticket.
So, I am trying to clarify it.

Anyway, thanks yllwsmrf much for your briefing.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Confusion on Shinkansen & passes 2014/8/1 22:18
Too many cooks spoil the (ramen/soba) broth; too many posters stir up too much info that fusionlady is now (con)fusionlady.
Excessive info leads to mental indigestion.

Fusionlady shpuld take a few steps back and study the relevant webpages on this JG site in particular, transport pass(es), airport and tourist site(s) access.

by Yet Another (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confusion on Shinkansen & passes 2014/8/2 08:47
I am sorry to add a new post in this long thread.

you can't use the Haruka ticket to go beyond Kyoto Station. You'll have to exit the gates and then reenter using the ICOCA card. The fare from there to Uzumasa is 200 yen.

Is this true?

According to the official website

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruk...

they say that "After leaving the "HARUKA" train, the discounted Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA" ticket can also be used for other trains within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above, up until the station where the passenger first exits through a ticket gate."

I thought this means, I'm Kyoto, one can go as far as JR Hozukyo station if they do not exit the station (such as JR Kyoto station). JR-west does not specify what are the stations within "Kyoto zone" in this page, but generally it should be the stations within Kyoto city, I think. Do someone has precise information about this issue?

Sorry but one more.

As I wrote previously, if you go to Osaka in the first day, Kansai area pass one day is more cost-effective than Icoca & Haruka package even if the Kyoto-Uzumasa part is covered by the Haruka ticket. It might be strange to go to Osaka after getting to Kyoto in the same day, however, in November it should be in the dusk at 17:00 or so, so going to Osaka at that time may not be a bad idea, I think.

Anyway, there are sooooo many options and you might be confused, but please endure and enjoy it!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Confusion on Shinkansen & passes 2014/8/2 10:21
frog1954: Is this true?

Yes.
You can conform it by checking "Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above" the description.
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruka...
Here in the route map, Kyoto Station is indicated on JR Biwako Line and JR Kyoto Line, while JR Sagano Line (Kyoto -- Sonobe) is not shown.

frog1954: JR-west does not specify what are the stations within "Kyoto zone" in this page, but generally it should be the stations within Kyoto city, I think. Do someone has precise information about this issue?

This zone for the ticket (in addition to the route of "Haruka") is not "Kyoto zone" but "Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone" which is designated, as is shown in the route map, by JR-West especially for ICOCA & HARUKA package.
(Here "Zone" is in a singular form.)
This zone is not equal to Kyoto CIty Zone + Osaka CIty Zone + Kobe City Zone.
In fact, on the section Kobe -- Osaka (inside this zone) are stations outside the three cities, while a section Maiko -- Kobe (inside Kobe City) is outside this zone.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

reply to this thread