Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Re: Working in Yokosuka - Living in Yokohama? 2014/9/3 02:00

"Guest, would you mind elaborating? What was the difficulty?"

Sorry for the tardy reply (out of town).
The difficulty for me was finding a large apartment with them. I noticed later on in this thread that you are single, so you probably could survive in a smaller apartment then the one you showed a link to.

Good luck
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Yokosuka - Living in Yokohama? 2014/9/3 09:42
"Hi Sandy,

My budget is 350,000\, though that needs to cover all monthly costs (maintenance fees, utilities, etc.). I cannot use it for my transportation costs, as those are not covered by my housing allowance. "

My maximum monthly cost in my apartment(not furnished) in Yokohama (98sqm + patio/balcony), including car parking, in winter when the gas heating cost the most is around 300,000 including rent, gas, electricity, water, phone/internet, etc.

That includes the following already installed so you don't have to buy them separately:
Refrigerator, oven, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster, TV. Wardrobes are built in.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Yokosuka - Living in Yokohama? 2014/9/3 14:45
That includes the following already installed so you don't have to buy them separately:
Refrigerator, oven, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster, TV. Wardrobes are built in.

It is NOT common to find rooms with these kind of items are pre-installed. (If the real estate agency is familiar with expats and their requirement, then they might have such rooms to offer.) Except those apartments called "Weekly Mansion" or "Monthly Mansion", houses/rooms for rent normally come without any furniture nor electricity appliances.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Yokosuka - Living in Yokohama? 2014/9/3 17:21
I've been here in Okinawa for a year, and it isn't common here either for appliances to come preinstalled, though rarely it happens. I'm prepared to handle that either way.

Sandy,

Would you mind sharing the name of your real estate agent so I may contact them?

Thanks so much!!
by Smiley (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Yokosuka - Living in Yokohama? 2014/9/3 20:06
Yes, I understand that it's unusual to have those sorts of household goods supplied. Oh, there is also a dishwasher, and all of the curtains + 4 aircons....

It's Zee Brothers. They are very well known in Yokohama.
Look at properties, then apartments on their website.
It shows 3 apartments in our building are free. (says near international schools, and 100sqm)
The price they show is higher than it actually is, so check that!!
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread