Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/5 22:54
It doesn't seem to work at all with InternetExplorer, even the latest version 11. It tells me to upgrage but I already have the latest version.
You might say a million things against IE but the truth is that casual users browsing for tourism info do use it, so it's not a good thing to deprive them from access to your website.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 02:51
No pen pals or friends section T.T :(
by Eric1010 rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 03:51
Eric1010,

Pen pals is at the bottom of the page, under Community.

Community used to be at the top but now it has been replaced by a link to the Question Forum instead.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 04:03
AlexanderStankov ,

I'm not having any issues in IE 11 with the new site. My preferred browser is Chrome, but I just tried it in IE and it works fine.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 07:46
I think the new format looks better but I share the disappointment in the user reports being moved from the front page. The other thing that struck me as annoying is there's no option to just browse the various itineraries (I know they're for first time visitors but I used to like picking out places I haven't seen from them and getting ideas.) like in the old format. I suppose the ability to choose where you want to go and how many days is a good one, but I think an option to just browse would be good as well.
by Chasingme (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 08:36
Worst font choice imaginable. How can you actually pick a font that looks this bad on a PC screen in 2015?
Did anyone actually test this? Crazy. Very disappointing.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 11:58
Please tell me where the ranking of the locations by popularity and user votes is. It used to be at the bottom of each location place. I actually need to use that ranking often.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 13:51
Thank you everybody for the feedback!

At this point we are still working on improving the website and adding back various features back. It will take several weeks for this process to be completed.

Among the things to be improved are fonts, navigation, general appearance and the homepage as a whole. Features to return soon are the user rating submission tool, the wishlist and improved attraction lists.

old user, we are still unable to re-produce the problem with centered text align. old user, could you post a screenshot?

AlexanderStankov, you used IE7, not IE11. I am afraid the website does not support IE7.

David, can you send us a screenshot of the font you are seeing?
by admin rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 18:00
Admin, I didn't use IE7, I don't have such an old version. I don't know why your records say IE7. I'll check the site again from my other computer later today.

Meanwhile please make sure that the visibility of the ranking is one of the upcoming upgrades. I recently read Stefan's Japanese book based on that ranking and I think it's essential for this site. I use it for my work too.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 21:47
I don't know why you can not reproduce the centered text align. When I use Firefox, Chrome they all left justify as in the old version of Japan-Guide.com. My OS is Windows 7 and browser is IE10. When I use new Windows 10 and IE11, I get the left justify as Firefox or Chrome. I have no idea how to include the JPG of screen capture attached to this message board. If you have special Email I can send it to that email.
by old user (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/6 22:04
Hello,Admin.
I have entered the Chinese characters in this topic, but the character was displayed wrong.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+124213
Because the topic here there was a line on top of the o of jogashima, character did not appear.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+124347
Browser is IE11.
It will be saved and you can confirm.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 08:24
Can someone tell me what the....%#$ was happening with the website? ALL DAY some breakdowns, couldn't log for more than 10 hours, or there was no any threads ect.
If administrators make an update, then should inform about it and close the website for that time.
by Michal sz rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 09:08
Thank you again for all the feedback!

Admin, I didn't use IE7, I don't have such an old version. I don't know why your records say IE7.

Your browser provided its version number to our server as version 7. The experience you described also suggests you were viewing the website with IE version 7.

Meanwhile please make sure that the visibility of the ranking is one of the upcoming upgrades.

We are still considering how to do this, and I am afraid it may take several weeks. Thank you for reading the book!

old user, if you could send me the screenshot to webmaster@japan-guide.com, that would be appreciated. Thank you!

haro1210, we will look into the encoding issue. Indeed, the characters don't show up correctly on my computer, either. Just to confirm, when you write "Chinese characters", I assume you refer to "Japanese kanji" rather than "Chinese kanji". For your information: our website has for historic reasons been encoded in the problematic shift-jis character set. And it still is. Anyway we will look into the issue.

Can someone tell me what the....%#$ was happening with the website? ALL DAY some breakdowns, couldn't log for more than 10 hours, or there was no any threads ect. If administrators make an update, then should inform about it and close the website for that time.

I am sorry we had unexpected server issues over the past 24 hours. The cause is still unknown. Unfortunately, the most recent outage happened when everybody was asleep.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 10:43
Although before was not the problem that the screen changes, was found somehow reason.
I'm using the Google translation.
Encoding it is UTF-8 of Unicode.
Maybe, it also has the copying, and may be one cause of the problem.
Once translated into if special characters such as line was written on top of the O, and I think that it is trying to up to Correct.
Kanji, have entered the Japanese kanji directly.
This is when the problem is generated when the input I next time, also will contact.
By the way, OS is Windows7.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 10:46
admin, well, then the system records are wrong. Last night two different people (me and someone else) from two different computers tried to enter the site through IE 11 and it barely loaded. When it did, it wanted us to upgrade browsers. I can send screenshots to prove that it's not 7.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 13:55
haro1210, thank you, we will also further look into the issue.

AlexanderStankov, I would be grateful if you could post the screenshots to the internet or send them to webmaster@japan-guide.com so that we can further investigate. Thanks!

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/7 20:04
To admin,
I now, if posted in japanese kanji, character was not freaking.
Thank you for research!
I think maybe, and I have entered the encoded in the state of UTF-8.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/8 00:48
AlexanderStankov,

I'm not admin, but maybe I can help with your center align problem. I am using IE 11, but I was able to recreate your issue in some areas by viewing the page in compatibility view. This could also be the reason your browser is telling the server it's an old version of IE (for compatibility reasons).

To check this, click the gear at the top right of IE, then go to Compatibility View Settings. Is japan-guide.com in the list of websites you've added to Compatibility View?
by Laenir rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/8 23:11
I appreciate that the admin has responded to the thread. I had thought that some features might simply be in the process of being readded, but when I saw this thread it seemed appropriate to put my concerns/complaints here.

I'll add that I kind of liked the Image of the Day they did a while back. It seemed like a good way to feature pictures that they couldn't fit into the guides and maybe could even feature user photos from the user reports. This is not an important thing, but since the thread is here, I just thought I'd mention that I liked it.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/10 16:13
I don't mind the change in itself. The old site could you use a revamping. Every change needs some getting used to.

However, I do agree with some that I find it a pity the user reports became hidden. They are an opportunity to get to know less popular destinations.

Also, I cannot find back how to add a destination to my travel wishlist. I thought that was an extremely useful tool...
by jioruji rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread