Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/6/28 06:53
You will have needed to activate your JR pass before you Nagasaki flights as you cannot activate it at the station closest to Nagasaki Airport.

The closest train station is a few minutes Taxi ride away from the airport.

Or you can get a Limo bus for 900 yen. Departs every 20 minutes and drop you off at Nagasaki Station. And I'm pretty sure you can activate you pass at Nagasaki station. someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong I'm sure.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/6/28 08:53
By "activate", I reckon you mean "exchange"?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/6/28 17:07
Thank you for bringing that up. We'd both be correct though kinda.

For those reading that don't know. When you purchase a JR pass overseas. You get a voucher to exchange within Japan for your JR pass. Most would have their passes became active or valid on the day of exchange.

But you do not have to do that. You can select a date in the future, (I forget how long in advance you can select).

For example, you could arrive in Narita on the 10th and do the exchange for a 7 day pass and ask for the pass to become active on the 14th. So the validity period of the 14th to the 20th.

The point I was making about arriving at Nagasaki airport and using the pass for free train travel is that you pass would need to become active or started its validity period to allow this to happen. So this needs to be set up before flying into Nagasaki airport. As there is nowhere near Nagasaki airport to do an exchange.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/6/29 01:44
Thanks, for reminding us to exchange the JR voucher at the right time / right place.
by Helge (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/7/13 16:45
@frog54 and others....
When using hyperdia how Can I see that our JR pass Can be used. We want to take the 2nd route from Nagasaki to Beppu or even if possible the same later the day. We just enjoyed our first 4 days Tokio and arrived just in Nagasaki with a thunderstorm waiting on us. We appreciate your help.
Helge
Ps anyone a top adres for us in Beppu?
3persons..... For 2 nights ... ;)

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/7/13 17:11
When using hyperdia how Can I see that our JR pass Can be used. We want to take the 2nd route from Nagasaki to Beppu or even if possible the same later the day.

See this page.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/help/help_ke.html

JR Pass covers JR trains. They are 1. Bullet train (Shinkansen) except for Nozomi and Mizuho (you can use other type of Shinkansen including Hayabusa and Kagayaki) shown in blue on hyperdia, 2. Limited express by JR shown in green on hyperdia and 3. Local (commuter) trains by JR shown in green. Non-JR trains are not covered, which is shown in magenta. From Nagasaki to Beppu, all trains are JR trains. Note that you cannot use Nozomi or Mizuho which are unchecked in the hyperdia result I posted.

And, sorry, what is your problem in Beppu?

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Flights or JR pass 2016/7/13 17:41
Thanks for the info. We did understand right.
We just booked an appartement in Beppu ( we had to cause our booked one has been cancelled).
Thanks once more for the ecplanation.
Cheers

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

reply to this thread