Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

Camp McGill , Takihama, Japan 2010/4/10 23:19
I was stationed at Camp McGill 6/56 to 10/56 with the General Service Supply Co. Camp McGill was an old Japanese Army Base about 7 miles outside of Yokosuka .we went there all the time. Cisco Bar and The Club Fuji were big hangouts .I took care of the Marine fuel Dump ,big lot 2football fields full of fuel, drums . the other half belonged to the Army . ran by an old Japanese Master Sergeant , Hirose Nagushi. he taught me judo in our spare time . when i left he gave me an hand made swagger stick . I am looking to go back , but don,t know where to stay . Tom Cooper
by Thomas Cooper , P.F.C. Bronx , N.Y. (guest) rate this post as useful

Its spelled yokosuka 2010/5/23 07:40
I was stationed there with the base and shore MP's
in 1954-1955 after my tour with the honor guard in Tokyo then home to the 5th marine reg, I served with in Korea.
by Bill Wagoner (guest) rate this post as useful

father was a Marine in Yokosuka 2010/12/26 07:35
I just came back from looking at amazing black & white photos of my Dad, a U.S. Marine and his Marine buddies from his time spent there (in Yokosuka) from approx. 1951 - 1954, (when he was honorably discharged). He plaeced them in a beautiful Mother of Pearl photo album, purchased there, well. His name is Angelo...and he's from Massachusetts.... anyone out there have a Dad stationed there at the same time? It would certainly be a hoot to get them together again!
by Judi O'Neil (guest) rate this post as useful

U S Sailor in Marine Barracks 1951-1953 2011/9/18 05:48
I was attached to the Baaracks as a special unit performing Guard , Honor, deatched base, shore Patrol. Have pictures and will share.
by Joe Robinson (guest) rate this post as useful

Yokosuka - Yokos ka 2011/9/19 01:17
I was stationed on a ship homeported in Yokosuka from 1995-1997... The Marine Barracks was still up and running, they ran physical security (military police) until I transfered in 1997.
by Jay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marine stationed in Yakuska or Yokosuka? 2015/2/22 02:57
My favorite duty station ! was there in 46 nd 47 explored the tunnels all the way up to the mountain top which we called radio tokyo
One of the highlights was a 4th of july parade in Tokyo somehow Col Hockmuth aquired pre war dress blues for the entire unit with very little practice we came together as a cohesive unit and the the reception and applause from the audence ( mostly army) shook the foudations of Tokyo !!!
Have considered a visit this year
by robert allen (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread