Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

. 2008/10/2 17:19
Shinkansen tickets can be purchased at ticket reservation offices inside JR Stations, and at designated vending machines inside JR stations.

If it were me, I'd just go with the local train which is 6x cheaper especially if I recall you are not getting a JR Pass.
by John rate this post as useful

trains 2008/10/3 00:47
If you want to take the Shinkansen just for the experience, be aware that they don't travel at full speed on such a short distance so the money would be wasted. You also don't really feel the speed while inside. The best way to notice the speed is to stand on the platform a few metres in front of a Shinkansen. By the time the end of the train goes by you it is a blur yet it doesn't even goes at 1/2 speed yet!
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

RE: Suica & N'EX 2008/10/7 19:29
So with Suica & N'EX, I can simply purchase this upon arrival at Narita airport?

And can this be used to Shin-Yokohama?
by Simon Overall rate this post as useful

yes 2008/10/7 20:58
Yes, it can!:)
by Ts rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/7 21:24
Yes, but from your post, I don't think you are going direct from Narita Airport to ShinYokohama are you?

Suica and NEX is two parts, a Special narita express ticket and a Suica card. The Suica card can be used on pretty much every train in the area (including the ones that use PASMO).

If you don't go direct from Narita Airport to ShinYokohama, you can still use the Suica part of "Suica and N'ex) to ShinYokohama as well on another day.
by John rate this post as useful

RE: Suica & N'EX 2008/10/8 12:12
Will be going from Narita to Hamamatsucho on the 15th December.

But from there want to travel around Tokyo, including to Saitama on the 16th, Shin-Yokohama on the 17th, 18th and the 21st.

Will also need to use the toei subway lines, tokyo metro, so is Suica the best option there?
by Simon Overall rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/8 22:32
1.Will also need to use the toei subway lines, tokyo metro.
Yes, you are right.

2.is Suica the best option there?
Yes, it is!

Hyperdia
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
Start point: Hamamatsucho
Destination: Urawamisono, Saitama Studium's closest station.
by Ts rate this post as useful

jr rail pass 2008/10/9 02:32
hi!
I'll stay in tokyo for a month/january.
I'll go to Yokohama,Kyoto, Kobe, Osaka, Himeji, Fukui and Kanazawa. The JR Pass is a good choice?
Thanks...
by sergio m rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

reply to this thread