Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 42
prev
1 2 3
next

... 2009/4/14 05:09
It will be hard work, and just dreaming and wanting to do it will not be enough. But I'm not saying give it up. You are so young, just keep moving forward.

However, think of all the aspiring actors who don't make it in their own countries.

I remember when I was 10 years old and so obsessed with Japan because of anime. I was so sure I was gonna become a manga artist haha. Now 13 years later I'm a poor student, not obsessed with anime anymore, and just trying to find a career.

Feeling that you need recognition from the land of idols and anime is something many Japan otaku expirence. Keep trying, but don't feel bad if it doesn't work out.
by 2lb (guest) rate this post as useful

also 2009/4/14 05:30
I forgot to mention you should get to Japan asap.

Waiting until college age may seriously be too late for a serious acting career.
You should try to get into some study program during high school.

Most Japanese actresses start out modeling or acting in their teen years and hit the height of their popularity during the early twenties.

When you hit your twenties in Japan your already going over the hill (in show business). So I strongly recommend you try to get into Japan as soon as possible, not only to gain language skill, but also to get into the industry while you are still valuable.
by 2lb (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks!! 2009/4/15 13:07
Thanks for all your feedback everybody. I'm going to try my best. I'm still learning Japanese and I found out about this summer acting camp which I'm gonna try to go to. I also want to try to convince my mom to become an exchange student in japan when I'm in high school. However, she said it would be too dangerous for me, but if I keep asking until I'm in high school she'll have to give in sooner of later. Oh yeah, it's funny, anime is what got me interested in Japan but once I turned 7 I lost interest in it but then I
started to get even more interested in Japan and it's culture and stuff like that.

Anyways, THANKS AGAIN!
by None (guest) rate this post as useful

GO FOR IT!!!! 2009/4/16 21:35
To original poster (None),
I'm only a bit older than you and have been in love with Japan AGES!!!! If you have a dream - GO FOR IT!!!!
by BlackShinobiGurlx rate this post as useful

practice 2009/4/17 06:44
Practice acting a LOT.

I have the same dream as you do, and I just started taking acting classes. Learn Japanese ASAP, learn about Japan's history and watch a LOT of Japanese movies, tv shows, dramas, etc.
Visit Japan too. Summer abroad (I want to go on LanguBridge), since it's the only 14 and above (I'm 14).
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

Wow That's Great!!!!!!!!!! 2009/4/18 05:23
Thanks for the positive feedback. I wanna try that summer abroad thing.It's wonderful that other people have the same dream as me. I wish you guys all the best! ;)

thanks 2009/4/18 12:31
Good luck to you too!

I hope to see you on a tv show cracking jokes and not telling that you're not a native!

i want to become a japanese actress 2009/9/7 21:23
Hi! I'm zeng from Philippines.. I'm dreaming to become a japanese actress.. it's kinda weird, because instead of becoming an actress in our own country I wanted to become an actress in other country. I became more passionate and inlove about the culture of japan. Actually I just heard it through my cousin's story, because she'd been in japan for 3 months to find a work and his husband is working there. I heard a lot of things, GREAT things about japan. the people, are very polite, the cute thing about them is they're bowing when they see each other, especially to those not like them-foreigners! And the girls they wear their kimono when they are going to have a date. They don't forget their culture until now. That in a fact nowadays, people are getting more liberated. And many things that I enjoyed about japan, I can't tell it much.. but even though I'm not one of them I'm willing to be part of their culture. And lastly, I wanted to become a japanese actress because of one person that I adore for being such a great actor. I just watched his movies, and from that very moment I told myself someday we will meet and just say ''hi''! hahaha!! Yah I know I'm weird and cheap.. but I hope who ever read this article I hope she/he understand me, and feel what i feel. well, arigato go sai mas ta... sayonara!
by zeng rate this post as useful

Just as in your country 2009/9/7 21:43
It would probably as hard as a Japanese becoming a hit in your country. There may have been 1 or 2 Japanese actors or actresses who starred in movies in the U.S. but I can't think of any. Can you?

Try being a success in your own country before venturing out. I think you'll hae a better chance of success.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

Japanese in overseas films. 2009/9/7 21:54
Ken Watanabe is a Japanese actor who has been in American movies- The Last Samurai, Letters from Iwo-Jima, and Dark Knight. Takeshi Kitano and Ryuichi Sakamoto have also been in a couple of movies in English. I'm sure there are others.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Hi 2009/9/12 11:23
I loved your story zeng ^^. I didn't know this thread was still going. I just heard that my school is going to be holding auditions for a play next year and I'm gonna do it, so wish me luck :) I also wish you the best of luck to you zeng and everyone else.

a story of dreaming to be an actress 2010/3/31 18:49
such a nice dream you have me too want to be a japanese actress...
i'm a 12 yr old filipina...
i have talent in drawing, singing and acting... if only i'm not shy...
well my dream has a long story...
since 2 yrs old i adore japanese arts specially anime...one of the most reasons i want to go to japan...
that continue until now...
when i'm seven i'm fund in japanese cultures,traditions and history...
when i'm ten i became fund of their writing system & language... now i know a bit of it... i also adore their dramas... specially hanazakari no kimitachi e...
well i came to dream of being an actress since child but then knowing it will pe impossible i ran away from it...
i didn't except that someday i'll be determined to reach that nearly impossible dream...one day fellin loveto a japanese actor(ikuta toma) he's the perfect guy for me... i want to meet him and be his friend... thats the main reason why i'm so determined to be a japanese actress...but thats the most impossible dream i've ever dreamed...well he's 14 years older than me... yah iknow i'm idiot/ a fool or something like that... but even though i won't meet him bec he's not that young probably... i'll continue living on...
here's the path i'll take in becoming an actress...
after i finish my studies of computer technology i'll work here in my country to have some expirience... then i'll go to japan to work in an animation company...
when i discovered a modeling magazine i'll apply...then when i found a nice talent manager i'll audition if i'll failed i'll continue modeling then apply in commercial the if i discovered i'll became an actress... well if that path didn't succes and i'll became an animator all my life i'll just attend concerts of my idols.. so i'll get the chance to meet them ^^
well hopefully see ya in japan ARIGATOU
JAA
by martina (guest) rate this post as useful

Good luck! 2010/4/1 11:29
Good luck!!!

Work hard in school, study acting, and try to get some experience in your own country! And if you get modeling jobs where you live, that will certainly be a bonus!

It's a good thing you have a back up plan- not if you fail, but as a road to get you to where you want to be!

I wish you the best!
Kira

wow 2010/4/3 04:20
Wow i'm surprised that such young people are aspiring to do this! I wish i had thought about it earlier!! I kind of have this same dream too but after reading this whole thread i'm thinking that it's too late for me now...

and the original poster btw, is she caucasian..just wondering ^_^

And do u experts/ advice-givers think i have a chance...i'm 16..and i'm taking japanese now...and i'm from Asia..but not from the surrounding countries of Japan..and i look a little bit japanese...but not really. Also i'm like really short i'll probably not be taller than 5'2"which is part of the reason i want to try in Japan. lol..and i have a lot of other things to say which would take up too much space

I hope it's not a problem that i didn't start a new thread anout this...
by BigDreamer (guest) rate this post as useful

Additionally... ^_^ 2010/4/3 04:35
I forgot to say GOOD LUCK to all of you!! And lol i too hope to see u guys in some talk show with KAT-TUN or something like that.lol

And to those rude people who were talking people obsessed with anime...that's a stupid conclusion..my first guess wouldve been someone obsessed with j-dorama or something like that...also we're not trying to become japanese..I, personally, want to become a multi-national actress or singer or movie director or even a doctor(if multi-national doctors even exist that is)! Yep that's my dream
by BigDreamer (guest) rate this post as useful

You CAN be an actress in Japan 2010/7/29 00:55
Ok, so i know you are young and I want to help you realize your goal. First of all, the way into anything here in Japan is modeling. I have three kids and we all model here in Japan. They actually look for Americans a lot for advertising so it is relatively easy to get in a commercial or english language video. They also look for American accents for voiceover work. Once you get established in the modeling world and get a portfolio together, you will get more work. Look online for Zenith adn for sugar and spice, check out their website at: http://www.sugar-spice.co.jp/english/index.shtml

Good luck and never let anyone wreck your dream...you can do it!
by heather (guest) rate this post as useful

I'm not the only one! 2011/1/8 11:56
LOL! I thought I was going to be forever alone wanting to be an actress in Japan. I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one! What can I say?! Ganbarimashou!
by Indramon rate this post as useful

why not 2011/1/9 06:57
the friend of mine came to japan and had a parts in some films. First small ones like playing a dead body floating in the sea but then he mahaged to get bigger parts. his japanese was zero (and his english nearly zero)
by alex (guest) rate this post as useful

half 2011/1/9 14:35
the odds of half japanese getting modeling/acting jobs are about 200times higher than for gaikokujin.

market research has shown japanese want a western thing, but if the advertisment is TOO western (the person) then people can not picture themselves using the product. hence why half japanese models are popular.

i as a half japanese have been approached many times, and even acted in AV, hair cataloge and other things. yet outside of japan nobody would give me the time of day when i APPLIED (not scouted but had to apply) for modeling jobs.

anyway to the people saying not to crush this persons dream, nobody is... people are just being realistic, and also many people nowdays on this forum are "a little" tired of anime influenced people who have not been to japan, yet MUST live at here at all costs.

once again, im just being realistic.
by zuoteng (guest) rate this post as useful

10 yrs old? 2011/1/9 15:40
Your writing suggests you are older. You get to the point and you are brief with your message. Are you really 10? When I was 10, I couldn't write like you.
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 42
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread