Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

I am WAY over the 24 year old mark.. 2009/12/21 03:39
..and I just returned to college and am taking second year Japanese. Lots of kanji and vocabulary to learn (even though I already speak it OK) and though it might be harder for me to retain new information than a 9 year old, I don't think of myself as any less able to learn than other student in the class. I study hard and use every trick in the book to learn and retain new kanji and vocab :)

Irecommend you go to Japan with the belief you can do anything you set your mind to do. Good luck!
by Tess C rate this post as useful

Don't Worry About It 2009/12/21 22:19
Age or gender have nothing to do with it. It's natural to forget, there is no urgency to learn it, nor is your life impacted by, not knowing. When you need it to survive, you will retain it.

For those interested in learning or improving your Japanese, please volunteer to work in the Japanese Issei (first generation) Senior Citizen Center near your home. Your language skills will immensely improve.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

actually... 2009/12/22 04:08
according to research...
in one's early-mid 20s, your brain will actually memorize more material than you have maybe in your teenage years. so give it a try!
by ginny (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread