Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 78 of 78
prev
1 2 3 4

Boudoir debate 2009/5/7 17:05
I don't know if this will settle the Boudoir debate or not, but here are my two yen:

I've gone there for over half a year, all of the staff are friendly and professional, and it's a relaxing environment. The quality of the service varies with the staff member performing the treatment. I've found the owner's treatment to be the best, but she is apparently only in the country every two weeks. They do mark up the charge of the Brazilian without notice after a few times, or at least they did to me and I have seen mention of that on a few other sites. I've never heard any intimate details about anyone's anything while I was there.

The bottom line on Boudoir: if you get treatment from the owner, you will get an excellent wax. From the other staff, it will be fine, and still be much better than a razor.

One other shop "specializing" in Brazilian waxing that I've heard of is called Beauty Bastard, but I haven't been. If anyone has, let us know how it compares.

http://www.beautybastard.com/2008/10/beauty-bastard-tre...

by sora da yo (guest) rate this post as useful

new waxing salon in tokyo 2009/5/7 21:33
as an alternative waxing salon in tokyo; my friend suggested this place www.nuajapan.com I have not been there myself but will go soon
by sahara (guest) rate this post as useful

boudoir 2009/5/8 18:02
Hi. Before I knew about this discussion in Japan-guide, I found Boudoir website on google and after reading the reviews, I ..trusted it!! I then recommended my friend to that place according to what I believe, and got some bad reviews from her. She did praise their friendliness and environment, BUT.. she complained about hair not removed cleanly/properly, and instead of removing the roots, hair is plucked and broken into half, which in within a week or less, she could see the them again. I felt guilty that I'm the one who recommended her that place, so please watch out.
by Khye rate this post as useful

My experiences with Boudoir 2009/5/9 20:07
Well, I haven't had a brazilian for months and months due to the fact that until recently, I hadn't found another place to get them done other than Boudoir and didn't fancy throwing any more money in their direction.

I have been there perphaps a dozen times to get various treatments done. I was fairly happy with the treatments, although some therapists were more rough than others.

The thing I object to is being subjected to the hormonal swings of the owner; one time charming, funny, talkative and uplifting, the next dismissive, rude, seemingly in the throes of some kind of mood swing. Her behaviour has negative effects on her staff; one told me as much before she left! Her husband is equally unpredictable... frankly, why would I want to put up with that s*** during my "me time" and pay for it... sheesh.

I've heard all manner of frankly racist comments made about the Japanese in that salon, which may appeal to some women who need that kind of reassurance but not to me. I feel confident and sexy thanks, don't need to bring other women down to feel good about my body. :S

What I want from a salon:
-cleanliness
-friendly, fun chat from the professional
-a job well-done to justify paying the fee
-respect. I give respect to my waxer, why shouldn't I get a minimum amount of politeness at least; I don't expect to meet my BFF labouring over my crotch!

I'm going to try out NUA, I'll post my experience.
by tokyoooo (guest) rate this post as useful

To Curious Cat 2009/5/31 23:36
I went to the Indian beauty parlor called florals and had the worst experience. Very unrofessional in waxing and threadin. Nearly burnt me. The reviews of Boudoir are also bad. can some one suggest a good parlor for threading and waxing??
by Medhavi (guest) rate this post as useful

To Medhavi 2009/6/2 18:16
You are completely wrong dear Medhavi. I recently visited the parlor and the service is as good as the website is. I am a very satisfied customer. I got very nice feedback from my 5-8 friends (Indian and also Japanese) also who have visited the parlor. Excellent Service indeed !

I think you have got a baised view (or very high ego) about the parlor. Also, be careful about the words you say and don't try to bad-mouth and spoil others image (for no apparent reason) and mis-guide other ladies on this forum...
Regards
Masako
masako_miyatake@yahoo.com
by Masako-san (guest) rate this post as useful

Florals Beauty Parlor 2009/6/9 15:53
Excellent! Had a great time at Florals. She is a fantastic beautician. Very skillfull & fast at waxing. Also it was my first experience with threading...it was no pain at all & the eyebrows came out nicely shaped. I felt very much at-home & totally rejuvinated with the facial. Good job!! & thanks also for the excellent practical tips on daily care... Surely going there next month...
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

To Medhavi, Cutious Cat 2009/6/12 15:50
Hey Medhavi and Curious Cat
FInally I found the best Indian parlour. The lady stays in Kawasaki and very very professional. Its called Bhavana's Beauty Parlor. I am gratefull to her for giving me such a wonderful experience. I totally recommend her.
by Kavita (guest) rate this post as useful

Finally a good indian parlour 2009/6/12 16:31
Hey all my Indian friends. I reached Tokyo about a month back and a friend recommended me to this parlour. http://sites.google.com/site/bhavanadc/Home
by Swati (guest) rate this post as useful

NUA 2009/6/18 15:50
Hello,

Anybody tried NUA?
Please let me know if you had an experience:)
Thank you

elena
by elena (guest) rate this post as useful

NUA 2010/3/29 23:38
I went to Nua last December. The service was great and the salon was very professional looking but I was NOT happy with my Brazilian wax. The woman wasn't very thorough, so I still had to use a razor when I got home. Now I go to Estecia Brasil in Roppongi and I love it! The salon itself isn't very impressive, but they are quick, and very good at waxing!! The owner is a bit of a perfectionist, so she does a great job!
http://esteticabrasilbeauty.com/home/?language=en
03-3746-2090-Roppongi
045-508-0062- Tsurumi, Yokohama
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

don't go to Boudoir !!! 2010/8/20 22:33
I really don't recommend this place. I went there for brazilian wax but everything was terrible!!
I don't know her name but a staff who did wax for me was not nice and didn't have good skill.( she has a long black hair, tall and a little chubby)
I told her the wax was too hot for me but she ignored me then my skin was peeled and bled. OMG, it was really terrible.
everyone, watch out!!

I recommend this place called 'PUBICARE' in Shiroganedai. This place is kind of new but the staffs were very friendly and their skill was great!!

by komachi girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Pubicare.. Really? 2010/8/26 16:34
Absolute FAIL.

I went PUBICARE for a brazilian wax the other day for the first time and it was pretty bad. My skin isn't THAT sensitive. But for some reason, after I go to this particular salon, my skin will be left bright red after a waxing (This never happens anywhere else). The esthetician seemed completely inexperienced - even though she claimed she was not, it was by far the longest and most painful wax of my life.

I definitely won't be returning.
by Kate (guest) rate this post as useful

lots of dodgy answers in this thread 2010/8/27 13:16
It's quite obvious there are people associated with various establishments posting here.

I have only been to Shou and Boudoir.

I wouldn't go back to Shou. In terms of skill she was fine, in terms of attitude I found her rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, though she was happily chatting to another customer - I felt like I was interrupting their conversation being there. It was cheaper than Boudoir, but there is a surcharge on first time users. (go figure)

Boudoir I have been to a couple of times. The surroundings are pleasant. In terms of skill they were fine. I guess it depends on the person doing it. Though it seems to be policy to try to get you to buy things. It was gossipy in the reception. I was surprised to hear names of people customers coming up in reception conversations, not necessarily flatteringly. I would find that disconcerting if I were a regular customer.
They seem to have discount coupons though it's been a while since I have been there & can't be more specific than that.

I haven't been to NUA but may try them.

I would take most posts here with a grain of salt if they strongly promote or denigrate one salon in particular.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

About Estética Brazil Beauty 2010/9/10 22:43
Hello everyone !
Since everybody's posts have really helped me with my search for a good place to do a bikini wax, I wanted to give my opinion too.
I finally chose to go to Estética Brazil Beauty, like another guest said : the place itself is really simple.
But the brasilian lady was charming and, most important, really good and fast !
It was cheaper than everywhere else. On every website I found, full bikini wax was at least 6000 yens, and very often more. This time it was 5000 yens.
I don't know for the other treatments, but i would definitely advise this place for a bikini wax.
'Hope it will help :)
by Claire (guest) rate this post as useful

how weird... 2010/10/29 17:02
How weird, i've never been to any of those mentioned places, but my friend strongly recommended Boudoir and basically loves the place.
Now, surfing through the net, i found these writings about Boudoir, sounds very contradictive!Don't know what to believe...
Or, is this trashing thing benefit some particular people? hmm...
by francesca (guest) rate this post as useful

best wax ever 2011/6/20 18:37
I found a salon in azabudai near tokyo tower and my house, I walked down Sakurada dori, saw their sign and decided to check them out. The name of the salon is Brasil Beauty. The salon is big and clean. The staffs are brazilian girls and they do really a great job.They were very fast plus had a section of waxes i could pick from (chocolate, strawberry, passion fruits and more) if someone was to ask me were to get a great waxing done i would them they would have to check out this salon. My new fav. place.
there site is www.esteticabrasilbeauty,com
check them out...
by Luana Luna (guest) rate this post as useful

Hair removal cream 2011/7/4 03:09
Its not that common. I suggest you buy crotex hair removal cream instead of searching all over Tokyo. Great product and it gets rid of unwanted hair permanently,
by Tai Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 78 of 78
prev
1 2 3 4

reply to this thread