Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 98
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 02:48
I just got accepted to Waseda University!!! SO, I will most likely be visiting both Waseda and ICU in early May. I will visit the campus, try to ask some questions, and maybe even look at the dorms? I'll be sure to take pictures and let you guys know!

KyomoNoa, I know you're from Singapore, but are you Japanese at all? How about you, popthebottle??
by kei103 rate this post as useful

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 02:49
Oh, and KyomoNoa, thanks for the info!! I'll be sure to check out the dorms in that order too LOL. As for deadlines, yea it does seem far away...but if they don't make it by the dates, they consider you to cancel your entrance so I'll be SUPER safe and send it out asap @__@

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 05:33
I'm Japanese/American :)

Which club are you guys thinking of joining??
by popthebottle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 06:43
Ah that's cool! I'm Japanese/Korean but I don't know my Korean side at all so I basically consider myself Japanese American (citizenship wise). I want to try archery or dance xD But more like cover dances/hip hop, not salsa type of dance. Do you know if there's student government??

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 16:19
Nope, I'm ethnically Chinese but I don't speak the language at all!!

Take videos and upload them :D

I want to join Kyudo too! But I suck at sports 'cos I'm physically weak so yeah... I wanna join the gourmet club :D "Gurumegane"!!!

We should start a group somewhere else to spam instead of here, haha!!
by KyomoNoa rate this post as useful

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 18:38
I wana join the smooth steppers(street dance club) ~ I watched their dances on youtube and they are so good! xD they have all types of dances (hiphop,rock, girls, comtemporary, etc..) :D

I wish I can go there and ask questions too x) but im going back to japan in june so its too late... :O

@kei: I'm not sure if they have student government but there are so many clubs that are not on the official site. so maybe there is :)

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/29 22:18
Oh, I've heard of the smooth steppers!! I also read that their practice is really intense and frequent, though :/
I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!! I'm sure there'll be a club fair :D

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/30 09:30
Oh that's so cool! Yeah I'm sure there will be a club fair :) Hmm should we move somewhere else to talk?? The only thing I'm ehh about now is picking out dorms. Did 3WD used to have private baths? Lots of blog says they do but they're old... and on the dorm booklet it said its one big bath. I'm Japanese so I guess I'm used to it but I was just wondering lol. I don't know which ones are good! I guess first year, you just have to choose and hope for the best outcome/experience~

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/30 12:25
Yeah, I read a blog that said it had private baths like just last year, so it was quite recent but the booklet said public, right? :/
I don't think I'll mind much after awhile 'cos I'm quite used to things like that, having been in a girls' school for 10 years, haha!!

Yeah, maybe we should, but idk where to!! XD

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/30 15:16
Yeah it says it's public! I don't mind it but I feel like I might get annoyed that I basically don't have any personal space at all except the bathroom if I'm moody one day or something haha. I mean, we're gonna be together with our roommates everywhere even in the bath which sounds crazy! But at the same time I think it'll be fun bonding and having a girl's talk while we relax in the tub haha.

Hmm should we/I make a new thread about dorms? I kind of want more information but then feel like no one really knows either haha
by kei103 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/4/30 15:51
Ahhh I get what you mean. I do think it'll be immensely fun living in the dorms, though!! I just hope I can make it, since there are so few spots available :///
Yeah, we should starts a new thread, except that this is more of a questin than discussion forum. I have a lot of questions too, about the new resident card system! I actually just got back from taking photos for my documents

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/1 13:39
Ah that sounds fun! ^^ This whole process is exciting, yet overwhelming haha. I'm also scared that there are only few spots :/ For now my choices in order of preference are... 3WD, 4WD, Zelkova, Global, and 2WD. 3&4 sounds similar especially since 3WD doesn't have a private bathtub anymore. I know Zelkova is known for its prison looking dorms and strictness, but honestly, I don't think I'll go wandering out at 11:30PM my first year haha. The strict rules might help me stay on task. Global looks nice because you get your own room, but I'm kind of eh on the "foreigner dorm" description according to some blogs. And lastly, 2WD just doesn't appeal to me hahaha.

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/1 20:31
How about a FB group for prospective ICU students?
My biggest concern is cost, so my choice of dorm is largely ranked in ascending order of dorm rent... I would be at a total loss if I had to go anywhere but the old dorms D:

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 03:06
Ahh I didn't check out the prices...which I probably should @-@ Yes that sounds good! Make one? Or is there already one? If I private message you or vise versa, I can tell you my name so you can add me on FB :) I don't want it to be so open here though haha!

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 14:29
Haha the order of pricing is as follows: 3WD, 2WD, 4WD, Global, New dorms
Okay, sure! I'll create it and PM you the link? Anyone else who is interested in joining PM me too!

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 18:42
I wana join! :D
Sorry i didnt know anything about dorms so i didnt post anything :/

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 19:55
Haha, sure! I PMed Kei alr but basically I can't create a group without any members so PM me your FB profile link?

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 20:39
Hello everyone. I thought I'd post here since I'm getting really anxious.

I'm currently a university student in Canada who applied to be a one year regular student from September 2012 to June 2013. I admit, my chances of getting accepted are small. I didn't meet the 3.0 GPA requirement but my education abroad office had enough faith in me and my letter of intent that they let me go through to apply.

I'm currently awaiting news. Since it goes through my abroad office, I have no idea when I'll find out if I get in.

Regardless, if the small chance happens that I did get in, I'll be attempting to stay in Global House and I'd really appreciate some friends! I'm quite shy and... Overweight, so I'm really nervous about possibly living in Japan due to that and I think having some friends would really make me feel more comfortable in the atmosphere. I'd also love to go out and explore, get cellphones, etc with other people.

Nice to meet you all!
by Kendra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 20:43
It's kinda dangerous to put my fb link here so why not create a page or an event? :S

Re: How hard is it to get into ICU? 2012/5/2 21:25
Kendra:
Hi, nice to hear from another applicant! All the best and I hope you receive good news soon!

Kei:
Oh right, I forgot that you're a "guest" so you can't PM me... Even if it's a page or event, I don't think I'll post it in public here, though...

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 98
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread