Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 6: Posts 81 - 100 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

katlin 2007/7/29 14:35
katlin i live in fairbanks my mom owns a pizza place there come by some time :)
by alicia rate this post as useful

Japanese themed party. 2007/8/24 10:18
I really enjoy the artist plus-tech squeeze box. you might be able to find them on www.imeem.com or www.projectplaylist.com, but it's doubtful. They're not very well known at all. They're japanese hyper-pop.

For food I would suggest having sticky rice and you can basically put that in everything. Check out your grocery stores foreign foods aisle, they're bound to have some cool Japanese breadcrumbs for tempura, pocky, japanese gum...seaweed to make your own sushi! and a lot more. Green tea is also good, along with green tea ice cream. For breakfast, when I was in japan, I always had sticky rice and french fries. they served them at EVERY hotel I went to!! For drinks, if you can find Qoo anywhere, that's my favorite drink from japan. it's a juice drink, their most popular flavor is apple, but it's not apple juice, it's sweeter. and it has cute characters on the front!! Meltykiss are deliciousss also. Your world market should have some interesting stuff.

The main rule for food is the japanese love to mis textures. Tofu coated in breadcrumbs is awesome. :] always have some interesting sauces, and CHOPSTICKS!!!

for decorations, keep it simple, the japanese are very simple, especially in traditional design. maybe have a reed mat or pillows to sit on around your coffee table for dinner.

Make sure everything is very cute, look at some pictures of japanese lolitas or ravers. You'll start to get the idea. Gwen stefanis line 'harajuku lovers' or www.asiajam.com are really good for party favors if you're not afraid of splurging. they have amazing japanese hairclips (definitly the highlight of my trip!!)

Miuzakis films are also great check him out!!!

I'm thinking about having one of these parties myself! ♥

by Sophie rate this post as useful

just an idea 2007/9/14 03:28
if you are into anime and want to throw a party, i personally think a cute idea would be having very colorful balloons and drawing cute anime faces on them. it would just add a little personal touch and make it look so adorable. just use a sharpie.
by rEi (bunny) rate this post as useful

PARTY FAVORS!!!!!!!!! 2007/9/14 03:32
whether you're doing a jampanes style party or an anime themed one, you're going to want to have party favors. my suggestion is to go to a chinese restaurant and ask them for empty take out boxes. then fill the boxes with whatever you want, whether that be pocky or chopsticks or cute little japanese candy. they make really cute gift boxes. my friend is having her 18 birthday soon and she wants to have a party like this,but she doesn't know too much about it so i;m helping her. i hope i have helped any of you too is you had trouble finding good party favors! :D

Party 2007/10/1 19:45
We are having a japnese/asian/dragon theme birthday soon. For invitations we thought of a cool idea, of rolling up a sheet of paper and put it in a rubber band when you take it out it won't go flat. You can roll it into a scroll shape. It's fun and easy. As for gift boxes thing for the guests I don't know.
by Thunderpaw rate this post as useful

PARTY decor 2007/10/7 01:52
oragami is always so cute and is a great way to decorate for a party. you can make cranes and hang them from the cieling or just make other things and have them sit on the table. if you don't like the take-out box party favor, there are ways of making oragami boxes that you can put treats in. make sure you have fun with the treats because in japan everything is so colorful and adorable. plus, it will show your guests that you really appreciate them being there if you do something a little extra.

Party of my own 2007/11/25 14:28
i want to have a japanese party of my own i need to know where i can get stuff like decorations and a cheep komono. should i take my friends to a japanese restaurant with tupan [[i cant spell it]] or stay at home? HELP!!
by molly rate this post as useful

help me please 2008/1/9 09:34
Ohiyo gozaimas'!! Im 15 years old, addicted to anime and the japanese culture, and my 16th b-day is coming up soon. I need all the help i can get for japanese party ideas. I would like something traditional but with a hint of anime in it as well. If you can think of anything that might help me then please email me at: gaaragirlfriend@aim.com

I would greatly appreciate it!! =^^= Domo!!
by Sakura rate this post as useful

Japanese birthday 2008/1/25 08:11
Im turning eleven and I want to throw a Japanese birthday party, but I dont know weather to do old or new japanese. id like to do traditional, but most of my guests are two years older than me, and i dont know if it will seem to childish...
anyway, i was thinking maby to make a traditonal party, but with a modern twist. (clech`e i know) like have a tea party at my coffe table, and waer kimonos an wooden shoes. the problem is that they all like different animes. one is in love with inuyasha, another cant get enough of DNAngel, and the other one is crazy about death note. how do i incorporate cool manga new stuff and my interests???? plus, how do i get all of their different interists to work????
by Hannah rate this post as useful

What should I do? 2008/2/21 05:31
I am having a Japanse party. My friends think sushi is gross because it's raw. (I love sushi!) Does anyone have any ideas of recipeies for making foods to loook like sushi but are something different? I'd really love some help. thanx!
by Katara rate this post as useful

invitation ideas 2008/5/26 01:04
hey, I'm having my fourteenth birthday and it's obviously japanese/anime/manga themed. i had the idea of printing off invitations on the computer, then picking a simple and quick origami figure to fold the invitations into.
hope this brings creativity!!!
by Neko-chan rate this post as useful

oh! 2008/5/26 06:23
i wanted to add that the invitation should be short because origamis are always started with a square, and printer paper is NOT square.
hope it helps! ;)
by neko-chan rate this post as useful

Activities and suggestions 2008/7/8 04:37
Don't forget some party activities! Popular party activities in Japane include DDR (dance dance revolution, the dancing video game that is playing using feet movement) and Karaoke (traditionally pronounced Kah-rah-oh-kay)
Also, try looking up some japanese dessert recipes such as manjyuu, daifuku or mochi (also check your phonebook or internet for local asian markets which will have many foods premade as well as party favors)
Consider things like paper fans and fancy chopsticks for party favors. The asian markets near where I am also sell books and kits on easy oragami which make cute decorations.
Serving japanese tea (look up japanese tea traditions in a search query) would make any dedicated japanese fan girl squeal with delight.

Unless you know for a fact which anime she likes, avoid using any anime specific decorations (things like pokemon, hello kitty, and yugioh can lead to total embaressment and she will say she hates you for quite some time) However, the japanes icon "lucky cat" is not only cute, but can be referenced to many animes and throughout japanese culture.
Instead of sitting in chairs to eat, why not serve food traditional japanese style? a low table (like a coffee table maybe?) with a simple wite table cloth, or asian print cloth, and cushions on the floor is not only simple but authentic. You could even dress it up with a bamboo center piece (I've noticed that many regular grocery stores have started carrying these in their floral sections near the fruit and veggies)
Try serving foods that need to be eaten with chopsticks (but have some plastic forks and spoons for back-up) You'd be surprized at the cute chopstick and chopstick rests they sell at asian markets. (a chopstick rest is essentially that, a tiny, often ceramic dish or mound thing that the end of the chopsticks that touches the food can rest on instead of touching the table, it keeps things sanitary)
Paper lanterns also make cute decorations.

However, if you really want to make an anime theme, but don't neccessarily want to ask too many questions, try going into her room, look at any posters she has, also look at her manga and dvd collections, then write down the names you see most often. Go to any comic book store and hand the employees the list, and they can show you wallscrolls, soundtrack cd's plush dolls, key-chains, figures, posters, pins, stickers, and anything else related to that anime that you can use. Also, if you happen to notice that a good deal of her room decorations focus on a specific anime character, but you have no clue who it is, see if you can find the anime title somewhere on the poster or wallscroll it's one, then try to write down as many details as possible, hair length and color, eye color, clothing, etc, maybe even try to make a quick little sketch, (even if you can't draw to save your life, a comic book store worker could probably figure it out if you give them as much info as possible)
I hope this helps
by Ikara rate this post as useful

Japanese Party 2008/8/27 09:15
Depending on the age of your daughter-you can go to Family Fun.com for ideas.
They have links to other sites for decorations as well. Fake sushi made out of candy but looks like sushi! Japanese Paper Doll Cut Out ideas and more.
by Angie rate this post as useful

Music 2009/2/18 09:27
Ok, I am 14 and I was just looking around. I have some great ideas for the music. First of all, it is very hard to find good japanese music in America. It would be easier to go to a website like playlist.com and create a playlist of her favorite music. I have found a couple of really good band. My favorite band is Perfume. They are a really good band to dance to. My friends and I love their music (chocolate disco is a very good song and has really cute lyrics). LM.C is really good. (i love maya) Hearts Grow, Kanon Wakeshima, and any songs that go along with her favorite anime. (like my best friend's fave manga is Naruto and the one season's theme song is yura yura by hearts grow.)
by Olivia (guest) rate this post as useful

Suggestion 2009/2/20 09:13
Try a theme like Sailor Moon or Tokyo Mew Mew! They are girly superhero shows(for ages 9+...I think). I LOVE them!!Also you could sing along to theme songs(I really like japenese style theme song,not english)Like My Sweetheart or something.Don't forget costumes!!! Dress up as them or at least wear SOMETHING.

This advice was from an 8 to 9 year old.
Go TOKYO MEW MEW!!!!!
by Anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

Plan I made for my party 2009/2/28 09:35
Hi, I'm turning 14. Here is my plan.

Decorations:
Elephant snot- for posters.
Posters-
Streamers- red
paper cups-
place cards- have hand-drawn pic on them or japanese symbol

Other-"You can print out characters or images related to your party theme, cut them out, and attach them to the hats by making slits at the top and bottom with scissors. Or, tape them to paper cups, place cards, balloons, or banners. You can print out characters or images related to your party theme, cut them out, and attach them. Or you can use stickers. Fix them on to paper cups, place cards, balloons, or banners."

Food:
Candy from J-List and Jap store- Pocky, Milky, Gummies. special Mentos, Kitkat, Gum.
Order some food from Sticks n Sushi
Make some "boring" sushi for fish-haters, maybe other foods like ramen

Entertainment:
Movies/series to watch- Toradora, Haruhi, maybe Kannagi, FMA, Inuyasha blahblah blah
Music- J-pop and J-rock, anime themes
Video Games- DDR or other games, the more japanese the bbetter. Okami

Other:
Gift Bags- (nice looking bags)
japanese Candy
Small toys- keychains, ect
CD- music, anime
by Plan (guest) rate this post as useful

a bit more 2009/2/28 09:38
Remember costumes or accessories, tea, and karaoke.

Posters, lanterns, fans, are good decoration.

It says elephant snot up there, not sure what its really called. Y'know, that yellow stickystretchy stuff you hold up posters with.

Good luck.
by plan (guest) rate this post as useful

My ideas? 2009/3/22 05:19
I suggest wearing Kimonos! Maybe Yukata? Which is a summer kimono, by the way. I was thinking of doing a Japanese themed party this summer for my friends ^^ I'm really into anime, j-pop/j-rock, and their culture XD Let's see, for the invitations;
Get something with Japanese characters on them! I suggest trying out www.shopkawaii.com
they have very cute stuff~
Snacks;
You could make sushi, and have small japanese candies set out, such as "Pocky" or things like that.
Music;
J-pop would be nice~ I suggest things like C-ute, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, Morning Musume, Perfume, and alot of high-beat, easy to dance to stuff. Also, have some traditional music! Maybe learn a traditional Japanese dance..?
We'll probably be watching anime as well, but that's just some crazy fan idea XD
Hope this helped!!
~Arisu
by Arisu (guest) rate this post as useful

Ideas for my sweet 16 birthday 2009/8/28 16:38
I wanted to celebrate my sweet 16 birthday with a Japanese themes as i really love japanese stuffs-anime,japanese dramas,n japanese songs especially Ayumi Hamasaki's songs! and even japanese fashion n culture.

I would like to have some ideas on the decorations,invitations,foods,games n souvenirs/gifts/freebies.

I hope somebody could help me!
Onegai shimasu~thank you!
by Claire (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 6: Posts 81 - 100 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread