Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 8 of 15: Posts 141 - 160 of 291
prev
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
next

cultural gap 2005/10/31 23:56
I discovered this tread by chance.. wow!

I have a Japanese girlfriend who now stays in Japan for a while before coming back to UK.
I have to say that I am Italian and therefore saying I love you it is like drinking water no matter the age.

The main cultural gap is in being so reserved, while Italians couples shares everything (sometimes too much) in their mind and hearts seems that Japanese donftc so my Latin hot blood made a unjustified jealousy toward her, and sometimes strikes back, putting our relationship in jeopardy.

It is hard
by cursore rate this post as useful

... 2005/11/7 05:50
I am from the US. I have a Japanese girlfriend, and she tells me that she loves me, and I tell her I love her. So I guess some Japanese people do say I love you. Hope I helped.
by N-Man rate this post as useful

just to throw a spanner in the works lol 2005/11/8 08:29
I have a Japanese bf who is very demonstrative. Actually he has got pretty upset cuz i didnt say "i love u" enough.(btw i am from england) In my family we have never been overly affectionate and we dont hug and say i love u all the time, so I find it kinda embarrassing to get all mushy! I had this discussion with my bf and agreed to compromise , now i tell him i love him 1 time per day and this gives him reassurance of my feeling. I dont think my feeling is any less than his just i wasnt brought up to show such overt emotion. It really depends on the context. I say to him he should read my affection from the way i treat him, not from a phrase. I think love is shown through actions and kindness, not through mush,
but i can understand lots of people need that kinda reassurance ;)
by pink rate this post as useful

Do Japanese say " I Love you" 2005/11/9 23:53

Yes, just tell him (often) that you love him and soon he will learn to say it too.
by Happy rate this post as useful

"I Love You Too" 2005/12/27 09:38
do you guys know how to say i love you too in japanese?
because a girl said aishiteru
and i know what that means, but now i need to know how to say i love you too in japanese.
can anyone help me?
by Roman rate this post as useful

To Roman. 2005/12/28 01:25
Watashi mo aishiteru.
by sarahcks rate this post as useful

more than ''I love you''? 2005/12/30 01:22
hi, Im a japanese girl.
i wonder if hearing the phrase ''I love you'' is more important than actually feeling love from your lover.
I mean I wonder if it is impossible to feel love without hearing such a phrase.

I guess if you are used to say or to be said ''I love you'', the phrase ''I love you'' will probably become like one of greetings, but we dont do that in Japan. We do not do skin contact to say hello to people who we dont know well either.

samurai did not say ''I love you''. I think it was because saying such a thing seemed to be pussy and not cool as a samurai. it's not like samurai, you know.
Im not sure if we are still having such thoughts but there are quite a lot of girls say that seeing boys saying ''I love you'' every day is something urgh! because it's Kimoi to see such Japanese boys.

but having said that, we do say ''I love you''.
i think a lot of Japanese people say ''I love you'' very occasionally when they have amazing moments.

we say ''daisuki'' tho.
it literally means ''I like you very much'', but can also mean ''I love you'' with such feelings.
''Aishiteru'' is direct meaning of ''I love you'', but people merely say this word.

we dont say "I love chocolate" in japanese. if i say that, that means im in love with chocolate. it sounds so weird in japanese. but we might start saying such thing in the future but anyway not yet.

I now wonder if "I love you" is a daily words, is there some other english words to show your feelings toward somebody, which is more than ''I love you''?

is there a word or phrase to show your big love without saying ''I love you'' in a big moment?
by You rate this post as useful

DROBERTS 2006/1/5 14:40
So your wife was really trying to leave you, right? Did she know about your cancer BEFORE you got married? Japanese people tend to frown upon any kind of illness that might cause emotional/financial hardship. Remember, Japanese people are much more rational and logical than Americans--they usually make "cold" logical decisions rather than follow their emotions. I have been to Japan several times and I have noticed this.
Good luck...but it sounds like she loves Japan more than you.
by Kuregu rate this post as useful

You 2006/1/5 14:45
Yes, you can feel love without saying "I love you". But most Americans say "I love you" when they talk to family or wife/husband over the phone right before they hang up.

I am conservative, like most Japanese, so I don't say it.
by Kuregu rate this post as useful

. 2006/1/5 15:35
A tip for for international relationships is that your partner might not pick up signals you think are very obvious. So it might be a good idea to say things directly and clearly, even if it makes you feel embarrassed.
by T rate this post as useful

yes 2006/1/6 09:49
yes, they do!
by peter rate this post as useful

it's the action that matters 2006/1/15 10:41
Hi!, Im a Filipina married to a Japanese. My husband too, seldom tells me that he loves me. It's only when Im in distress that he speaks such kind of comforting words.

After years of being married and had somehow adjusted to their culture, I somehow understand that their way of expressing ''love'' is not merely thru words, gestures like hugs and kisses, but thru assuring that I will be safe in his arms always and the future of our family will be bright. That's the meaning of love after all...
by Mary Ann rate this post as useful

my experience 2006/1/15 11:38
My J-girlfriend and I have never came right out said "I Love You".
I know she loves by things she says, things does.
Today, on the phone (she's in Tokyo, I'm in Hawaii), she asked me: Who do you love?" I said "YOU!"
I then asked: "Who do you love?" She replies: "It's a secret!"
I told her "I already know the secret, so let me hear you say it." She said "I'm too embarrassed!"
That's it, she told me she loves me without actually saying it, and I'm OK with that.
by surfbeat rate this post as useful

in-laws 2006/1/23 13:30
In the Navajo culture, it's taboo to speak to your mother-in-law, or even look at her. So we have no worries...! Just a thought.....
by christy rate this post as useful

I dont know 2006/2/23 05:40
I love a guy that i thought loved me he said it daily and i would believe him but now im not so sure he says it as eaisly as he says hello to a stranger on the street is it normal for me to feel the way?
by Neicra rate this post as useful

meaning of love 2006/2/23 20:14
My Japanese boyfriend said to me "I love you". But today I think he didnLt know the meaning of it. And Japanese penfriends are talking a lot about "friendship". But I feel they donLt know the meaning of it either. I could write a book about my disappointments...
by nice woman rate this post as useful

. 2006/2/23 23:41
With regards to what 'You' the Japanese lady has said - I think it exemplifies what a lot of Japanese people (guys and girls) think. In fact I suspect a lot of Asians are similar in holding back in verbally expressing their love?

It is simply NOT COOL to say 'I love you' all the time, but it is also expected that during some moments and with the right magical touch that these words can make the relationship stronger... :)

It is much wiser and better if the couple can do other meaningful and sometimes surprising (yet fun) things for each other, to keep a relationship in perpertual happiness!

If you or your partner need to hear 'I love you' all the time, it feels like its a bit insecure. Whereas if the partner never ever said it at all, then of course I'll be worried about that too!
by Rouge rate this post as useful

love 2006/2/27 21:41
My boyfriend is Japanese (23 years old) and he says it all the time. Probably atleast once a day. We don't think that the words become "weaker" or less meaningful if we say them often, although he would not tell me so much if I was Japanese. I think he likes being told he's loved. And he's definitely not embarrassed to tell me.
by Malakuma rate this post as useful

Malakuma ... 2006/2/28 02:58
Same as you my fiance says it all the time but usua;lly in many forms with much embellishment! I also tell him as much. In public we are modest but in private...very romantic. It is just our nature and we do love each other so for us it is ok...I do know some people do feel the words over used but since we are very comitted couple we know it is sincere...
by Umi rate this post as useful

I hear it.... 2006/3/1 14:06
...all the time from my J-girlfriend.
Her eMails are filled with I love you's, on the phone the first thing she says is "I love you", she' ends each call with "I love you very much, kiss, kiss!" :)
by Surfbeat rate this post as useful

Page 8 of 15: Posts 141 - 160 of 291
prev
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
next

reply to this thread