Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/17 01:56
He was my brother and I would like to know any info about the event.
by Time travel  

Re: On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/17 08:30
Are foreigner deaths in Japan supposed to be communicated to the corresponding embassy in Tokyo? I don't know the answer. Perhaps that's a place to start.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/17 08:32

Re: On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/17 08:40
Yes, that is my brother
by Time travel rate this post as useful

Re: On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/17 23:09
Sorry for your loss all those years back. I would still talk to the embassy. They may be able to give you contact information of the police department where the report was most likely filed. You may need someone who speaks Japanese help you communicate with the police. I'm sure after all these years, it has been archived somewhere and a bit of digging will be needed. But I'm sure there is a report out there from someone who came upon the accident or an eyewitness account that could explain what happened. Good luck!

Re: On June 24 1990 a young man died on mt fuji 2013/2/18 09:16
It depend on which route he took, but two police headquarters that are in charge for accidents in Mt. Fuji is Gotenba, and Fuji-no-Miya.

Gotenba Sho
http://www.police.pref.shizuoka.jp/keisatusho/gotenba/gotenba.htm

Fuji-no-Miya Sho
http://www.police.pref.shizuoka.jp/keisatusho/fujinomiya/fujinomiya.ht...

I suppose you need a Japanese speaking friend to contact them to go through their archives?
by jomonstrider (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread