Below we explain how we use information that you provide us through japan-guide.com.
What we collect directly from you
We collect information that you directly provide us when creating an account, contacting us through the contact form, posting on our question forum or otherwise communicating with us. The information collected may include your email address and any other information you choose to provide.
What we collect automatically from you
We automatically collect information from you when you access our website, including the pages you visit, the IP address, browser and operating system you use and the time of your visit.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
- To log and analyse our website's traffic
- To personalize your visit to our website
- To better understand the demographics, interests and needs of our visitors
- To respond to your inquiries and comments
- To deliver you our newsletter
- To detect, investigate and prevent spam, abuse and illegal activities
We will never sell or distribute email addresses and/or other personally identifying information to third parties without your explicit permission, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
All information is stored in password-protected directories and publicly inaccessible databases.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The cookie helps us to personalize your experience on our website by remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Note that some of our web pages, such as the Japan Rail Pass Calculator, require cookies in order to function properly.
Cookies are also used by some third-party services that we use for advertising and analytics services (see more details below).
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We use the following services for serving advertisements and for analysing our web traffic:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics with the Display Advertising feature to collect demographic data about our site traffic. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings in their Google accounts. We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie.
- Google Ads: We use Google to display advertising on our website. Google logs when users view specific pages, allowing them to serve ads on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Google uses the DoubleClick cookie to serve interest-based advertising. Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting Ads Settings in their Google accounts.
- Adara: We allow Adara to log when users view specific pages on our website. By setting a cookie, this enables Adara to serve ads on other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Users may opt out of the use of the Adara cookie by visiting this web page.
The information published at japan-guide.com is for informative purposes only. Web site users may download and copy the material for personal, non-commercial use, without the right to resell, redistribute (that includes publishing on a personal web site) or create derivative works therefrom. No part of this web site may be reproduced without the written permission of the publisher and copyright owner.
Although we attempt to make the information on this web site as accurate and up-to-date as possible, there may exist some inaccurate or out-of-date information. Under no circumstances shall japan-guide.com be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to have resulted from use of this site.
japan-guide.com is not related with any educational institution or government.