2016 Kyushu Earthquake
Strong earthquakes hit Kyushu in April 2016. More details
No-entry zones are currently maintained at the following prominent volcanoes:
- Sakurajima (Level 3 - do not approach the volcano)
Do not climb the mountain. Does not affect transportation and tourism.
- Mount Aso (Level 2 - do not approach the crater)
No-entry zone 1 km from crater. Closure of ropeway, road and hiking trails.
- Mount Hakone (Level 2 - do not approach the crater)
No-entry zone around the Owakudani area. Closure of ropeway and hiking trails.
- Kusatsu-Shirane (Level 2 - do not approach the crater)
No-entry zones around craters. Closure of hiking trails.
- Mount Shinmoedka (Kirishima) (Level 1 - potential for increased activity)
Closure of hiking trails.