Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving to Japan tomorrow morning need data 2013/2/17 18:10
Hi,
I will be leaving to Japan in the morning, and I wanted to find out what my options were for getting a data package either by using my iPhone 5 (need nano SIM) or renting a pocket WiFi router. So far, from the services I have seen you need to make the reservations several days in advance. Is there somewhere in Narita Airport I could rent the Pocket WiFi or get the 1GB Data plan using a Nano-Sim?

Thank you for your help,
by faustiano (guest)  

Re: Leaving to Japan tomorrow morning need data 2013/2/18 10:55
This may be a little late, but just in case you see this in time:

I will be leaving to Japan in the morning, and I wanted to find out what my options were for getting a data package either by using my iPhone 5 (need nano SIM) or renting a pocket WiFi router.

If your phone is unlocked you can get a data sim, but a rental pocket wifi is probably an easier solution.

So far, from the services I have seen you need to make the reservations several days in advance. Is there somewhere in Narita Airport I could rent the Pocket WiFi or get the 1GB Data plan using a Nano-Sim?

JCR Corp rents nano sim's but you have to order them in advance.

http://jcrcorp.com/mobile/mobile_rental_simcard.htm

Pocket wifi routers can be rented from any of the cell phone rental kiosks at the airport. The going rate is about 1500 yen per day with unlimited data.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_19.html#t1
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving to Japan tomorrow morning need data 2013/4/18 14:36
Aware this is too late but hopefully will be helpful to those googling this sort of thing.

I would not use JCR. They do not have true nano sims and just cut the ones they have to make them fit the iPhone 5. They also will not offer 4G lte speeds on Docomo despite telling you they will.

I'd look at the pocket routers or a different sim rental company.
by Nick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread