Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/2/22 23:18
I will be traveling to Japan in May with an iPhone 5 issued by Verizon. I will be using JCR's network while in Japan. I've spoken with someone from JCR who indicates that I will need to change the APN setting on my phone to mopera.net. I presently do not see an area in the ''celular'' section of the settings menu where APN settings may be changed. I have already used my phone abroad in France. If someone out there who has experience with traveling to Japan with an iPhone 5 from Verizon could assist--if anyone could assist, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
by Larry Haile (guest)  

Re: Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/2/25 08:20
There is no JCR network. JCR is the SIM rental company, and I think they use DoCoMo. If that's the case, you need to use the DoCoMo APN for that SIM.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/2/25 18:24
Docomo's APN (and subsequently JCR's APN) is mopera.net. You can set it per these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2283
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/4/18 14:32
I would stay away from JCR. Their "iPhone 5 Sim" is a trimmed down docomo sim which does not offer 4G LTE speeds. They will hold you to the 9gb limit for this sim though without offering you the speed.

They are also horribly rude to deal with unless trying to sign up. I'd look at the other options around before JCR.
by JAmes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/4/22 10:45
James, I'd be interested to know if your speeds were actually capped or were you just not getting the full LTE speeds that you were expecting. Also where were you travelling? In my experience, LTE service in Japan is still not fully realized and I'll often get terrible LTE speeds even when in major urban areas.

Unfortunately there aren't many options for nano-sims, especially if you want data and voice service.

Re: Enabling JCR Network on iPhone 5 from Verizon 2013/4/25 12:11
I looked into it a little more and it seems that the gsm model iphone (e.g. ATT iphone 5) is not capable of operating on Japan's LTE bands. If you have this model phone you will be limited to 3g service when travelling in Japan.

reply to this thread