Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lunch at Miyajima for vegans 2013/3/3 00:06
Hello:

My family and I are trying to decide between eating lunch on the ferry from Hiroshima to Miyajima or just eating a quick lunch once we're on the island. The concern I have is that my husband and I are both vegan/vegetarian, so I'm not sure if the ferry lunch will be able to accommodate our dietary needs. Also, another person in our group does not like oysters. We are eating at a nicer restaurant for dinner, so just a simple lunch would be fine.

Thank you.
by newsak (guest)  

Re: Lunch at Miyajima for vegans 2013/3/3 23:16
Although there are vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Japan, it is maybe not easy to find them without knowing a bit more of the town. Miyajima itself is sort of a tourist circus with loads of restaurants but they are more aimed at the average tourist and unless you do know what standard Japanese food is vegan/vegetarian, it might be difficult to find a place for you.
This link will help, but unfortunately it doesn't list Miyajima (it does list 5 place in Hiroshima though)
http://www.happycow.net/asia/japan/
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lunch at Miyajima for vegans 2013/3/7 19:36
It's a pretty short ferry ride with nice views anyway, so my recommendation would be to just fill up on momiji manju once you get to Miyajima.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread