Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1974 acoustic guitar, Okinama, Japan 2013/3/9 07:59
I was in a collectibles shop today and saw this guitar and when I strummed it, it had a beautiful sound. no name on it but the "things" where you tuned it had gold around them that looked like 14K. They wanted $350.00 for it and I thought about buying it for my Granddaughter but wondered how I could find out if it was in fact worth this much. I would just like any info possible. Thank you so much. Gloria
by Gloria Dugger (guest)  

Re: 1974 acoustic guitar, Okinama, Japan 2013/3/9 09:05
Can't get any info without pictures!
by RyanAvx rate this post as useful

Re: 1974 acoustic guitar, Okinama, Japan 2013/3/10 01:35
While a picture would be good, there are several things to keep in mind.
1. ID the guitar. You can often find a label inside at the stem-end of the neck.
2. Is the neck alligned to the body properly or is is "bowed".
3. Are there any cracks.
4 Is the bridge sound and attached to the neck.
5. Is it a classical or steel string guitar.
6. Is the size of the guitar including the neck, the appropiate size for the intended player,
7 What does the dealer say that it is.
8. The "gold" or gold color is not that important.Gold electroplate is common. It would not be solid gold, unless it is really special.
9 What is the history, if any, on this piece.

10. You should have an independent person look at it. Someone who plays guitar, and has some knowledge. It needs hands on and eyeballs.

$350 is not especially a cheap guitar. For that money you should be getting a moderately fine instrument.
by peter saunders (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread