Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to host a Japanese? 2013/3/14 17:44
At the end of march, I will host a Japanese girl to my house. We don't know each other : I never talk to her or see her..
It's just a school exchange. I'm really exciting but i'm also worried because i don't known a lot about the japanese life ( = how they live... ). I would like to well welcome her and if it's possible create a friendship and keep contact. She only stay four days so if you have advices for me;I'm waiting bye
by Tifruit  

Re: How to host a Japanese? 2013/3/15 08:57
Isn't the point of hosting a foreign exchange student to show them how you live in your country? Just welcome her like a member of the family, careful to give her room to be on her own (privacy) and don't overwhelm her with too much attention. Does she speak any French? English? If you are able to communicate, then ask if there's anything she needs in the home (any products etc.) Don't expect her to open up to you right away, as most Japanese people are reserved and a bit shy. Just be yourself and show her French hospitality.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How to host a Japanese? 2013/3/15 10:52
She might be uncomfortable with entering the hours in her shoes, so I suggest you have slippers for her ready. She should be fine, though.
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: How to host a Japanese? 2013/3/15 13:23
Lots of French people take off their shoes when entering their home or the home of a friend. Especially if the flooring is hardwood or a broadloom.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to host a Japanese? 2013/3/16 00:54
Thank you for your answers. I'm waiting for others. She will be here in 1 week, i hope that everythings will go well.
by Tifruit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread