Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I watch Japanese TV in Japan? 2013/3/22 19:04
Hi all. This is probably a really stupid question. We have a TV from the US and right now we use a satellite/AFN decoder box to receive AFN channels. We are sick of AFN, however, and have enjoyed Japanese TV when traveling. Where do we even begin? Are there channels that are free (like network TV in the US)? Your help is so greatly appreciated.
by ufocat (guest)  

Re: How do I watch Japanese TV in Japan? 2013/3/23 03:00
Check with your satellite provider first. You will get sick of the japanese tv and want to go back, so you don't want to lose access. Also, you have online options as well (search these forums).
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: How do I watch Japanese TV in Japan? 2013/3/24 00:50
I don't know a lot about it, but I guess it depends on what sort of stuff you have attached to your building. At the very least I think you're going to need one of those digital receiver boxes. Then if you have the right antenna you'll be able to get at least a handful of free stations, and with a satellite dish a whole bunch more.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I watch Japanese TV in Japan? 2013/4/4 11:43
You can get Japanese TV by buying a digital tuner and an antenna (if your building doesn't already have one). BTW, do you live on a US military base?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread