Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/30 11:59
Hello, I'm booked for travel to Okinawa in the middle of my japanese trip (April 10-12 in Naha) and ... Not paranoid but mildly concerned about the travel with the current threat on South Korea and US military bases by North Korea. I give NK as much credit as the next person, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Any thoughts? Thank you.
by Orangey (guest)  

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/30 17:00
You could be killed just outside your home on your way to the airport, the plane to Japan could crash, you could get caught in a quake,

Que sera, sera...

stop worrying, enjoy each day as it come, we all die sooner than we want to.

by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/30 20:07
If you'd rather be safe than sorry, then avoid the chances and stay home. That said, anything can happen to you anywhere. If you start analyzing things, then you'll always be wondering. Just go and have fun. If the yit hits the fan, then you'll cross that bridge when you get there.
by safe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/30 20:19
If your fear is overwhelming , then for your mental health, it's better to stay far far away.
Then you don't have to wonder what that mushroom cloud ala Hiroshima & Nagasaki over the horizon portends.
The NK leader wants to live and bluster another day
so he's not retarded to invite self-destruction but who knows?.
by epsilon8 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/31 00:08
Thanks for the responses; I am not a fearful person and have traveled quite extensively. I'm not here to prove myself to anonymous people however; I was just looking for a little reassurance, especially considering another couple who is going with us have three small children. I'm actually quite amused at the over the top responses. But thanks anyway.
by Orangey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/3/31 16:17
You want a little reassurance -- from anonymous posters in this forum? How little?
I'm not sure what sort of assurance you need.

Consult your country foreign affairs ministry or equivalent such as US State Dept. Follow their travel advisories and register with them so you can be contacted in case of emergency aka ICE.

Military & political experts don't even agree how the situation may turn.
by epsilon8 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/4/1 01:01
Orangey,

My guess, and I guess my guess is as good as any other anonymous internet user, is that NK is just posturing. It happens every time South Korea elects a new leader. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Okinawa is beautiful. Enjoy your vacation.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling to Okinawa with the Korea Situation 2013/4/1 01:17
Would you cancel your trip if all of us said it was unsafe to travel? I doubt it :)

some people say that you shouldn't travel to Japan because of the radiation too, do you believe that?

by reprazent rate this post as useful

reply to this thread