Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Talking to a Japanese Woman 2013/4/3 03:54
Hi I'm a 22 yr old American guy and new to posting here. I just made a female friend off here and began talking to her via email.I don't know what to say since after introducing myself and I don't speak japanese well enough either.Fortunately her English is good enough to understand her but my main concern is I want to be friendly and know more about her and not just language exchange.

The last thing I want is to creep her out and ask a stupid question so what is acceptable to ask her or any Japanese woman about herself?

Thanks for any answers!
by fiasco (guest)  

Re: Talking to a Japanese Woman 2013/4/6 20:46
Hi,
my experience with japanese women is that they are usually quite open-minded and easy-going. So, asking freely should but no problem. Still I would always try to be very polite as it is easy for western people to be considered rude in Japan (f.e. use of swearwords is almost unknown in female language).
As you are the native speaker try to keep your language on a level that she can easily comprehend or even better: try to use japanese if possible (you can say "Konnichiha" and "Matane" and "Arigatou" for a start :) ).
Good luck.
by Jinxed rate this post as useful

reply to this thread