Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where do Japanese flock to play online games? 2013/4/7 16:00
I'd like to go play online games, like Call of Duty, at a place where large numbers of like-minded individuals go to hone their cyber games skills.

I mean not like in between dating couples playing dance dance revolution ;-) but some place where the level of skill is high.

Can you help me find such a netcafe?
by Niels (guest)  

Re: Where do Japanese flock to play online games? 2013/4/7 21:20
Call of Duty isn't really popular in Japan
by sss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where do Japanese flock to play online games? 2013/4/8 04:54
Thanks. That's too bad :( Which first person shooters are popular then, and where do the player gather?
by Niels (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where do Japanese flock to play online games? 2013/4/8 06:12
Western FPS games in general aren't really popular.

There is currently an anime-style 3rd person shooter that is popular in arcades (you have to play at the machine but it's an online game). There is also a online gundam game at the arcades.

I saw a page for a Japanese gaming group once and they were PC gamers who get together to play games like Phantasy Star Online and Monster Hunter.

Net cafes are usually quiet booths so it's not really a gathering place. I've never heard of fps gamers gathering anywhere.

There is a store on the main street of Akihabara (it's on the second floor of a building on the West side of the street) that is dedicated to Western games. If you talk to the people in that store or ask the cashier they might know some events or gatherings.
by sss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where do Japanese flock to play online games? 2013/4/8 09:23
Thank you very much sss, that's really helpful! I'll check it out :)
by Niels (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread