Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/24 15:02
Hello

May I know if a 1 GB B Mobile Prepaid Nano SIM card can be used in a Mini IPad (wifi & cellular)? The model no. is A1455 (Canadian). Does anyone have this experience?

I'm going to Japan in 2 days' time and will appreciate any urgent advice, as I need to order it online.

Thank you.
by bebegurl (guest)  

Re: B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/24 18:25
It should work fine. Who is your current cellular provider?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/24 19:15
Hi smrf

I don't have an existing SIM card on my mini iPad. I'm using wifi only.

Does that matter?
by bebegurl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/25 11:53
There are actually two models that have slightly different radio specs. Both will work in Japan on 3g but I believe only the A1455 model will be able to use the faster LTE network.

This is only relevant if you plan to use the faster B-mobile 1gb Fair sim. However, if you are planning on using the 1gb visitor sim then it doesn't matter what model you have because the visitor sims are 3g only.

Re: B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/25 14:36
Hi smrf

Yes I'm referring to the b-mobile Visitor SIM card which costs 3,980 yen.

Do you know the difference between this SIM card and the 14 days prepaid SIM card? The price is the same and I'm unable to see any difference.

Does both SIM cards work for my mini iPad model A1455?
by bebegurl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile prepaid SIM card 2013/4/25 15:21
The 1gb card is faster and allows streaming services such as voip (internet telephone). The unlimited card has no limit on data usage but does have a speed cap and prohibits streaming services. The former is good if you need fast service, but the latter is sufficient if you will just be using it for things like email, basic internet, and map navigation.

Does both SIM cards work for my mini iPad model A1455?

Yes, but only at 3g speeds.

reply to this thread